Update added by user Oct 21, 2011
I would just like to add some helpful information to anyone looking for help with a home modification.
You do NOT need an attorney.
If you call 1-800-HOPE-NOW, they will help you and it will cost you nothing - 0 -zilch. NO MONEY.
Also I recommend that anyone looking for aid with a home modification read the FTC MARS Ruling regarding what mortgage companies, lawyers and so forth can and cannot do legally.Knowledge is power!
Original review posted by user Sep 19, 2011
We fired Caplaw, P.A.because they solicited us for a Home Modification in our home state, where they are not licensed.
They also promised us a 90% chance we'd be approved for the modification which is a violation of the MARS rules.
Last week I filed a complaint at Pissed Consumer about them but my complaint was removed.
Today we received a letter from Caplaw P.A.wanting us to sign it stating that we "agree not to initiate any complaint or action against us [them], effective immediately." Needless to say we will not sign it and will file many complaints.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Home Modification
- Review category
- Financial Services
You May Also Like
- "I have been lied to ripped off and threatened by Capital One Auto Finance then my Car got wrecked. This is AFTER I gave them $33,000.00!! I purchased..."
- "Letter from Lowell McAdam received Seotember 14th saying to send only date and signature by his Correspondence Manager Cornelius LyHan by September 11th, stating I recieved the winning numbers for..."
- "Last year I met a guy at a business mixer who chatted with me for a minute or two and then immediately asked me if i was looking for work..."
- "Billet Technology has never been licensed by MOPAR ever ! http://www.pcworld.com/article/25914...ringement.html This article points out the exact platform and profile that has been gone through since Billet technology has always been in..."
- "Cruise Dates: June 25-June 30, 2016 (5 nights) Ship Name: Empress of the Seas Reservation Number 2098975 We have embarked on June 25 and issues started from the moment we have received access..."
- "So, I started taking a log of the internet speeds with hotwire communications service in April of 2014. The average speed reading was 1.2 Mbs down. I pay like $40..."
- "I ordered a pair of basketball shoes and received a used and worn pair of shoes..."
- "We ordered these headsets in the hopes they would allow our polo team's coach to guide players during practice games. We were looking for the same system used by NFL..."
- "Had a action figure sent to the house. The box was completely open,missing items,no shipping label. customer service was absolutely horrible. incompetent extremely unhelpful workers. four times I called customer..."