I am writing to tell you about a charity scam making millions off generous consumers during the holiday season in Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, Calgary and Edmonton. It is a very well organized scam. There is a for profit company incorporated as CFE (charity fundraising events). This company (NOT LEGALLY A CHARITY) is owned by BEN STEWART A HUGE KNOWN SCAM ARTIST. They convince local stores to let them set up a folding table for a day or two during the holiday season telling the store manager they will be selling toys for charity and that the proceeds will all be going to charity. Unaware Managers of small retailers agree to let www.charityfundraisingevents.com set up their banners and folding tables Selling toys for 2 days outside or inside their retail space thinking they are helping a good cause. What happens next is out right criminal and disgusting.
The tables www.chairtyfundraisingevents.com sets up inside & outside of co-operating retail outlets have 2 huge plastic bins One is Full to the brim with toys which says Purchase a toy and put it in our donation Bin(this bin has a few donated toy in it only). The stand also says (Small toys $20, Medium Toys $40, Large Toys $60) There is a sign saying all toys and proceeds will go to Underprivaledged Children.
Someone who comes out of the store will stop and donate $20 for a small toy and take it from the full bin and put it into the empty donation bin 3 feet away thinking they did something great for their community and the toy will be immediately donated. CFE then gives the representative at the table 60% comission on the sale of the toy keeps 39% for the company and donates roughly a dollar to charity. IT GETS WORSE. This is the disgusting part at the end of the day. The Manager running CFE events takes the exact same toys that were bought as donations by consumers and hand transferred to the donation bin during the day and re dumps them into the first box for new consumers to RE BUY/RE DONATE the next day, THIS IS PURE THEFT WITH PEOPLE DONATING NEVER BEING AWARE!
In a months time A CFE STAND can RE Sell and RIP OFF consumers donations 8-10 times on the same toy without ever donating the toy till the very end. They basically Re Sell or have different generous people RE BUYING the same toy 10 times as it goes from one bin to the other every day as this fake charity keeps the money (Milions) and donates a few thousand to make things look legit.
Let’s do the math If the stand re sells the toy 10 times and the toy is a small toy which costs$20 then 10x $20=$200. They make $200 off a toy in a month and it cost them $1 to buy from a sweat shop in ASIA because they buy 25,000 toys at a time in bulk. They make $5 million in sales (25,000 toys profiting $200 each because they re-sell them (25,000x$200=$5,000,000). In the end they are donating $20,000 to charities and the toys which cost $25,000 this is a horrible JOKE. Keep in mind they sell the bigger toys for up to $60 so there revenue could be (25,000 toys x$600= $15,000,000). They then show videos of how they donated $1000 to 30 different charities and they make a big difference it’s disgusting. They make a spectacle of it acting like there good people asking for testimonial videos etc. REAL CHARITIES DON’T NEED TESTIMONIAL VIDEOS.
Heads up (salvation army no longer accepts their donations when they found out what was happening from one of the disgusted workers who valued ethics and morals over money and quit. The workers at the stand make $400-600 each a day and obviously have no problem with this because at the end of the month they get to donate there locations 1500 toys which is nothing compared to the million they stole from people. The 1 random charity per location
receives their $1000 cheque and is happy having no clue what’s really going on. A $1000 cheque is given but $200,000 was donated by concerned citizens all they do is smile and take the cheque . CFE chooses high volume retail outlets like grocery stores because people always have cash 90% of the time and nothing is documented. If you check their websites FAQ page you will see that CFE will not issue charity receipts for the people that donate, this is because they don’t want the millions coming in to be documented in any way shape or form……..Please pass this along so more generous people don’t have their money stolen by heartless greedy individuals like Ben Stewart. PS The only person or organization getting a TAX WRITE OFF IS CANADIAN PROPERTY STARS who then donates the 1-2% of CFE's sales and asks the charities they give money to for a Charity receipt they can use to save on their own corporate taxes......The people getting these tax receipts are the generous consumers being dupped by the greedy scam artist Ben Stewart.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Not genuine
- Reason of review:
- Problems with payment
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Charity Fundraising Events
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Pampers swaddlers Velcro tab is defective!!!!! 160 diapers and fifty dollars later and zero patience I'm so done with you all!!!!! What a joke. Horrible customer service. Can't wait to..."
- "Rainbow systems playgrounds say they have a lifetime warranty on the wood for their swing sets. DO NOT Believe them!!! I have been trying since September to get..."
- "Purchased new swing set for $7,000.00 on 6-13-13 From the start there were safety issues with the set that were not completely resolved until after 9-24-13 as reported to Dealer Kid's..."
- "Hundreds of millions of dollars worth of fakes and forgeries are sold every year through online auction site and websites. It is the prefer method for the forgers to peddle..."
- "I used thumbtack SoCal a couple months ago. I found a contractor named Richard Gonzalez from Allstate Construction. He stated on his profile that he is licensed insured and bonded...."
- "Be careful what you ask for.You just might not get it.And to go to another company well most companies go to them (CTS) its likely the distributer for them.They are..."
- "Am i the only one complaining about fake leads. And other contractors putting up job requests to make contractors waste credits. And some are customers puting up job requests just..."
- "I have no idea who these *** crazy psycho chics were. I am not from the area. I was in town for the night and went here to eat. These..."
- "I was with my mother, grandmother, and grandfather in the disabled line, my grandmother is lame and incontinent and my grandfather can't walk down slopes. The line for people with..."