Just occupied January,2016 FILTHY & UNSAFE.

Related: Terrible place - Stay away from Campus Evolution Villages

MOVE IN: Management said we had to wait to move our son in at least 3 days because maintenance had to ready apartment. Food in refrigerator/freezer dated 2014 - took hours to clean / cabinets full of trash/spilled food/ stove top not cleaned in years / bedroom door frame nailed over and over again to repair busted door frame / old, warn carpet needed vacuumed - including glass shards in bedroom / bathroom mold & mildew / animal furballs throughout / HVAC return vents covered in years of grease/grime / dining room chair broken and unsafe / even the washing machine is dirty inside!... bathroom sink apparently used to clean paintbrushes, toilet molded to top of bowl / common area floors not even broom clean. If this site accepted pictures I would post - they are UNBELIEVABLE! Management office claimed it must have "slipped through the cracks". How did it slip through the cracks when we waited days to move in so it could be completed?

Called from unit - they sent maintenance to review - worker took pics & left - felt sorry for him. Head of Maintenance called to say he would have it professionally cleaned and backcharge current tenant. Nice way to meet your new roommates! We declined and said we'd clean it ourselves only to find out 2 students had actually moved out and left it that way. Remaining tenant owned nothing in kitchen...wonder who all has keys to this place???

LEASING: When we applied the website was acting up & social security # went thru incorrectly - took about 10 phone calls/6 hours over several days to re-submit - (with on-site people explaining how ridiculous their support system is...)

Office is friendly enough but NOT property managers (during the leasing process I documented 5 different people who said they'd call me back and never did re: questions, necessary paperwork, etc...); the lease arrived with errors - I sent it back noting 10 errors - they sent it back "corrected" so I obtained the certified funds for move in based on that second version. Upon arrival to move in they had a 3rd version of the lease and said my certified funds were wrong but they'd go ahead and accept my check based on the wrong lease I had with me (note this was after whispering and giggling in the office by the most unprofessional staff I have ever seen).

There are plenty of other options in Morgantown - and none are full. Lesson learned - don't expose your child to this company as their first experience away from home...it's very unprofessional and untrustworthy. Couldn't be more disappointed for our family - especially my child. BTW - there is very little to do about elevating the situation to Campus Evolution - Corporate. No phone numbers/emails available on the internet I can find...sad for other victims of this WVU off-campus housing alternative & scared of what's to come from this group after reading dozens of other reviews.

Review about: Campus Evolution Villages Housing.

I didn't like: Customer service, Professionalism, Accountability.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Campus Evolution Villages?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.