California Department Of Water Resources - State of California - Fails to Pay for SaveOurWater Rebate Program
I strongly feel the Save Our Water Turf Rebate Program is unreasonable and unrealistic. It only allows for a max coverage of 25% of only 4 approved ground covers of which we only preferred one of the options. We also prefer over 40% of our small front yard to be synthetic turf. It’s a beautiful, no-water alternative that lasts 10 years. If our yard was larger, we would have had more design options...but we chose the most appealing water-saving option to match our property.
As much as we wanted to take advantage of the SaveOurWater Turf Rebate Program to install a drought-tolerant yard, we owuld have been forced to use only 25% of our preferred, highly permeable, drought tolerant material. So, we succeed at saving water while California keeps the $558 we could have been rewarded with if we would have settled for the limited materials they chose for us. Interestingly enough, our application was pre-approved even with all details of our design provided, only to be disapproved when we asked for the rebate.
Additionally, we replaced 3 old toilets in our new home, opting for water-saving models offered by Koehler that came with a rebate "up to" $100 per toilet. They cost more, but the water saving was worth it – and the rebate was a great incentive. Toilets were installed last week and my husband began the rebate application this morning; however, he was immediately shot down when the SaveOurWater High Efficiency Toilet Program announced that rebate requests were too overwhelming and they aren’t honoring the rebates any longer. False advertising.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Excellent email response system
What I disliked
- Emailing with the program trying to answer a confusing question
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Looking at the Western Society, young generation in the USA people have been shaped to a certain way of thinking. Politics, Believes, Religion, Media Industry. The government provides a certain..."
- "California Save our Water Rebate fails to honor condition 'existing operational turf irrigation systems' and denies application. California's SaveOurWater program is not complying with the Governor's order. My backyard is not bare..."
- "Why is Department of Social Services threatening their Clients with lies? My name is Craig Sears and I am a survivor of a Traumatic Brain Injury TBI. The US says we..."
- "Lustine has failed to disclose to their female customers that they hired a violent registered sex offender as a car salesman. I reconzied Philip Roberts due to a mugshot and..."
- "I bought Rosetta Stone's Spanish download for Mac for 250 bucks. It crashed constantly, was hard to use, and they're constantly trying to get you to "upgrade" to more expensive..."
- "...On reaching the counter, I was told the flight was overbooked and I won't be allowed to board the flight..."
- "One bathing suit I ordered is so cheap you can see my *** right through the fabric. The other one doesn't look like the picture at all. All I need is the..."
- "Ordered flowers and balloons for husband's birthday. They delivered them a day early. What was delivered for the flowers was cheap and sad looking--nothing like the fully upgrade $65 charge..."
- "I'm very disappointed with LV's stitching and the outside trimming of some of their goods this year . I was so excited and waited a long time to purchase my sunglass..."