Calgary avian and exotic pet clinic killed my degu
One of the vets at this clinic named Dr.Materi was very careless with handling our degu.
She was aware of her being pregnant and still refused to let us hold her during the check up to calm her down. While the vet was holding our degu she was being very rough. Our degu started crying in a painful way which I've never heard before and stortly after started bleeding from her lower region. This bleeding has and should have never happened because degus form a protective coating almost like a cork inside to protect their babys.
This only happened because "Dr" Materi was being carless and squeezing our degu to hard. Shortly after my baby degu had a miscarage which unfortunatly took her life, even in intensive care at another vet clinic. Never again will I make the mistake of not trusting my judgments. This wasnt Materis first offence either.
She claimed she was a exotic pet specialist yet she had no problem grabbing my other degu by the tail on our first visit.
Any exotic pet vet that knows anything about degus would know thats a major no no, because they can disconnect their tail which could be prone to infection if that happens.I would never recomend going to this vet clinic if you really care about your family member.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Exotic Pet Clinic
- Review category
- Animal Services
You May Also Like
- "I was contacted back from a post on oodle marketplace that I had inquired on by a lady named Natalie Wilson who had 2 teacup Yorkey Terriers named Kiki and..."
- "Well Hello you 3rd wolf in a pack of sheep. If you're so concerned about my puppies why in the world did you send Pastor Jamie Hinson and Pastor Stephanie..."
- "Rebecca Sprague and Jesse replied to an email I sent to them in February of 2013 regarding a kitten. We had 2nd choice of this litter in question, and we..."
- "Now is 16 Jan 20:40p.m.!!!!!Again again and again confirmed pick up but not appear!! What is Qxpress doing? See it yourself, until now the status is confirmed!! BUT NO PICKUP..."
- "I ordered this coat and was highly disappointed once I received it. The coat was extremely large underneath; however, it did fit from head to tail on the top. As..."
- "We bought a home from Shea Homes in Union County NC, we are very disappointed with the quality of the workmanship and the lock of response from the Shea Homes..."
- "We got a bed from Easyhome and a few months later we got bed bugs. We called Easyhome ( Store #202, 9104-118th Ave, Edmonton) They told us to throw the..."
- "On or about august 2012 I purchased approximately 1200 dollars of clothing from marks in Red Deer Ab. I paid for it upfront. The order was to be delivered within..."
- "purchased both the script and install. They provided a script with no instruction manual so there's no way to know how to use this complex web script. Then they went..."