Calgary avian and exotic pet clinic killed my degu

1 of 1 Calgary Avian And Exotic Pet Clinic reviews

One of the vets at this clinic named Dr.Materi was very careless with handling our degu.

She was aware of her being pregnant and still refused to let us hold her during the check up to calm her down. While the vet was holding our degu she was being very rough. Our degu started crying in a painful way which I've never heard before and stortly after started bleeding from her lower region. This bleeding has and should have never happened because degus form a protective coating almost like a cork inside to protect their babys.

This only happened because "Dr" Materi was being carless and squeezing our degu to hard. Shortly after my baby degu had a miscarage which unfortunatly took her life, even in intensive care at another vet clinic. Never again will I make the mistake of not trusting my judgments. This wasnt Materis first offence either.

She claimed she was a exotic pet specialist yet she had no problem grabbing my other degu by the tail on our first visit.

Any exotic pet vet that knows anything about degus would know thats a major no no, because they can disconnect their tail which could be prone to infection if that happens.I would never recomend going to this vet clinic if you really care about your family member.

R.I.P Mattimisio

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
1 of 1 Calgary Avian And Exotic Pet Clinic reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Bingo

Nov 17, 2014 #901776

I'm sorry to hear about your experience at this vet clinic. If you haven't done so already, you can make a complaint at:
ALBERTA VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION
Building 3, Elm Business Park
Suite 104, 9452-51 Avenue NW
Edmonton, AB T6E 5A6
Phone: 780-489-5007 Toll-Free: 1-800-404-2862 Office Hours Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m (closed for lunch 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.) Closed Saturdays, Sundays and holidays The ABVMA is the governing body for the veterinary profession in Alberta. It says that, "If you are unable to resolve the matter by talking to your veterinarian you may contact the Alberta Veterinary Medical Association by phone or by letter to discuss your concerns with our Complaints Director". I wish you well.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Calgary Avian And Exotic Pet Clinic.
Filing a new complaint about
×