These people are sick! How they treat their tenants and take advantage of them including varies forms of discrimination!

Calcap Properties was in charge of Parkside Apartments in Mesa from June 2021-Feb 15, 2022. It was bought out by Golden Parkside Investment LLC. During my tenancy I was promised maintenance for leaks, new appliances and they would provide a vendor for mildew mold checks and to clean ventilation afterwards. They did absolutely nothing!

My unit failed a Mesa housing inspection on 1-11-2022. They did not provide reasonable AC during the summer (had to block vents due to smoker as I have COPD). I had asked the regional manager A Baugher if they would change the smoking policy and they refused. Because of the extreme summer heat I nearly died twice!

I also could not run heat because of mildew/mold and or dust smell in ventilation system and previous smoker next door. I had to purchase a small portable heater for the winter months. They allowed that person to smoke including using drugs which I called the police about multiple times! Because of this I was sent false non payment notices and late fee letters for months and they neglected to give me my appliances!

They allowed this person to harass me take pictures and videos of me in my apartment also. Eventually that person abandoned their unit and M Bell the manager at the time blamed me for this! The air chiller above my unit leaked badly in July 2021 and I had to provide a stop gap measure to avoid a flood. Wires near air chiller failed inspection as a fire hazard.

Appliances dishwasher, 2 ceiling fans, stove did not work properly. The stove was rusted and I believe they claimed it as a cleaning fee and withheld some of my security deposit! By AZ law companies are supposed to provide you with an itemized list of deductions they did not do this! I have video and pictures of my move in and out condition of the unit.

I cleaned it top to bottom so this was just the last insult by Calcap! June 2021 was told in person by fill in manager at the time to stop putting work orders in / ADA requests or I would be in trouble. She told me she didn't care if I were to die from smoke exposure or lack of AC! Deal with it or I can move!

In July 2021 M Bell emailed me in about my appliances saying they were backordered. However I noticed in renovated units new appliances were put in. From June-December 2021 I issued numerous 5-10 day notices for general repairs and health and safety concerns. They claimed work orders repairs were in progress since December.

I've tried to get the 5 star google review A Baugher wrote on behalf of Calcap as its a conflict of interest! Regarding my deposit I tried to contact them by phone and they do not answer in addition I sent a legal notice by email and mail regarding the security deposit dispute which they ignored! Feb 2022 Calcap is no longer the management company for the property Parkside Apartments. Since my move out A Baugher has moved onto a different company and M Bell has been promoted to regional manager!

This is absolutely disgusting!

Other tenants at other properties likewise had issues with Calcap so i'm not the only one! This company needs to go out of business!

Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

CALCAP Properties Reviews