Upon arriving to pick up my car that Cal-Alta (Calgary, Alberta Auto Glass Company) was replacing the windshield on I noticed that there was damage to the rear bumper that was not there when I left it with them a few hours earlier.They refused to acknowledge any responsibility for the damage evan though they stated that many other vehicles had been damaged in that very "Public Lot" over the years where they park all vehicles after servicing.
They neglected to tell me this when they happily accepted my business earlier in the day. It is my opinion that any vehicle left with them is in their care until it is picked up by the owner and therefore they should have either held it in a more secure area or at least advised that they have a no fault policy and they parking lot is not safe. Their only response beyond refusal of responsibility was to tell me they'd see me in court if that was what I wanted to do...not what you would expect from a company that flaunts their "Consumer Choice Award from the Better Business Bureau? It is now my belief that the BBB award was strictly based on the fact that they simply undercut the competitions prices.
Not always the best way to decide on a vendor.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Car Service
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "On 9/15/2011, my husband and mother-in-law purchased a used car from Mr. Herbert. Mr. Herbert signed the "Certificate of Title" over to my mother-in-law. Two days later, Mr. Herbert called..."
- "Killeen Maaco had my brand new car for 5 days to do a stripe paint job for $750. They returned car on Friday afternoon around 5pm, and upon entry to..."
- "Hi, I had Hercules tires installed on my 2009 jeep patriot July 17 / 2013 size P215/70/0R16.The first thing I noticed is that my jeep was very rough driving and the..."
- "A few months ago I purchased Highster Mobile Cell Phone Spy software for 69 dollars. The site at http://highstermobile.com did not indicate anything about purchasing a monthly subscription so I..."
- "After being pleased with six months of Urthbox subscribership, I noticed that the subscription had unexpected renewed itself. I was not too concerned, and asked customer service to please cancel..."
- "I received a top I ordered with a black spot on the back. I filed for a return on their website and uploaded pictures asked. they offered me 20% and..."
- "We bought a couch and was. When buying we were assured that it was full grain leather. Not bonded. Couch Barley sat on. This damage just from couch cushions rubbing..."
- "Within about 6 months of receiving Whirlpool washer it started leaving black streak marks on my clothes. Had 2 technicians visit & 2nd told me what was wrong with..."
- "Recall 2001 GMC JIMMY,#01073A&B/01V364000 Ext.Lighting Brake Switch/No rear brake lights. I'm told that service was completed on my vehicle in '02 but another recall came out in 2008 stating the..."