Verified Reviewer

1.5

Cabela's has lost my business indefinitely, multiple fraudulent and questionable business practices. This is a warning to anyone unaware of their shady conduct.

Don't let the maple leaf fool you, Cabela's is not a Canadian company nor does it have anything to do with Canadian interest in mind. They are not a member of the Retail Council of Canada, do not honour the price scanner accuracy code unlike 45,000 other Canadian business's and only exist in this country to capitalize on their bottom line.

Ordered a number of items online and in-store over the past few weeks. Online order took an entire week to reach shipping status. Cabela's broke up my order into multiple smaller shipments which resulted in a number of unrecognized transactions on my card.

Had to call their customer service and wait on hold for over half an hour to have this nasally droned customer service rep explain the reason for these non-approved transactions. Apparently they drop ship between locations and retroactively ship out items between suppliers. Something they aren't remotely transparent about which isn't just a major hassle of having your order sent to you over multiple packages and days, constantly being rescheduled but a risk of having items lost in transit as a result. So of course, some of my items weren't packaged properly damaged on arrival.

Their return policy requires you call them, again on hold over half and hour to get a return authorization all while expecting you to pay "their" supposed shipping charges from your total refund based on "their" provided shipping label.

Some items I wanted couldn't be ordered online (showing local stock only) so while being forced to wait almost two weeks for my online order to arrive I decided to drive across town to visit my local in store and the experience was just as bad.

Entering the store I was extremely frustrated finding out all items showing in-stock online were completely sold-out. As others have pointed out this is merely a rouse to get people in the store and exactly why we need consumer advocacy and consumer affair agencies to run companies like this out of Canada.

Still, it gets better. While I was there decided to pick up a Frankford Arsenal reloading tray, price on the floor said $11.99. Upon purchasing said item the receipt showed I was charged $4.99.

After asking the staff about the lower price one of the sales guys told me they hadn't bothered to change the price tags as they were on the end of a sale so decided to pick up a few more trays at the supposed "sale price". So imagine my surprise after checking out with some extra trays they rang up at $14.99 a piece. After some major back and forth, further waiting in line and a trip to customer service realized that originally instead of being charged $4.99 for the first tray I was actually charged $14.99 and the 1 was missing from the receipt. Complete false price representation.

After all the hassle and back and forth on their error they tell me they wouldn't honour the advertised price, scanner code conduct and I returned the items and left the store never to return.

Have been in touch with the RCC and Consumer Affairs Canada.

Save yourself the anguish and torture dealing with this faux company. Buyer beware, you've been warned.

User's recommendation: Buyer beware, you've been warned.

Comments