Featured on Facebook Not resolved

I bought a frozen Premium Butterball turkey, kept it frozen and thawed in the fridge as directed.When I took it out of the plastic bag I noticed the outside of each drumstick had dark colored patches, and the skin weird, as if it had been injected with something.

The turkey started browning early, so I turned down the oven and tented it with foil. I checked it an hour early and the dark meat had already fallen off the bones. It was dry, nasty smelling, and totally "unturkey" looking. Since I was hungry and love dark meat, I ate a little from the wing.

Mistake. I ended up with GI distress for days.

The dark part smelled strange, and even my dog wouldn't eat it.Obviously, Butterball is no longer the go-to brand for poultry.

Review about: Butterball Turkey.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Butterball Premium Turkey
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / $20
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Butterball?

Comments

alejandroc

Nice try MakeMyDay2016 but you do realize that others can see all the replies as well?

MakeMyDay2016
Fullerton, California, United States #1269644

So since your dog was smart enough not to eat it I take it your dog is smarter than you?

deluviansorrows

Who would not at least taste their christmas or thanksgiving turkey. Its tradition. If you make your turkey and suddenly you find after spending 12 hours cooking it that it was a bit off I doubt most people would abstain.

MakeMyDay2016
to deluviansorrows Fullerton, California, United States #1273979

Then most people are foolish as the OP. THe smell even gave it away that it was not fit to eat.

h.kitchener

Odd, but obviously something happened somewhere along the line.I suggest you contact Butterball directly at "butterball.com" and either chat with them or send them an email, etc.

and tell them of your problem. See what they do, if anything. Who knows? If the mutt won't eat it, you know something is awry.

By the way, there is no need to buy the Butterball brand over a store brand. Butterball doesn't raise and process better turkeys than other brands.

They all come from turkey farms and processing plants.Buy when on sale and don't fall for the brand name nonsense.