Butterball isn't what it used to be

3 of 15 Butterball reviews

I bought a frozen Premium Butterball turkey, kept it frozen and thawed in the fridge as directed.When I took it out of the plastic bag I noticed the outside of each drumstick had dark colored patches, and the skin weird, as if it had been injected with something.

The turkey started browning early, so I turned down the oven and tented it with foil. I checked it an hour early and the dark meat had already fallen off the bones. It was dry, nasty smelling, and totally "unturkey" looking. Since I was hungry and love dark meat, I ate a little from the wing.

Mistake. I ended up with GI distress for days.

The dark part smelled strange, and even my dog wouldn't eat it.Obviously, Butterball is no longer the go-to brand for poultry.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Butterball Turkey
Review category
Food Manufacturers
review #985793

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Butterball? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
3 of 15 Butterball reviews
h.kitchener

Jan 05 #1266264 Columbia, South Carolina, United States

Odd, but obviously something happened somewhere along the line. I suggest you contact Butterball directly at "butterball.com" and either chat with them or send them an email, etc. and tell them of your problem. See what they do, if anything. Who knows? If the mutt won't eat it, you know something is awry. By the way, there is no need to buy the Butterball brand over a store brand. Butterball doesn't raise and process better turkeys than other brands. They all come from turkey farms and processing plants. Buy when on sale and don't fall for the brand name nonsense.

2 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Butterball.
Filing a new complaint about
×