Butter Plumbing Disaster - Theft of Funds
'Butter you up' alright... Simply put, they don't get more dishonest than this. Buyer Beware! Shawn Butter's salesman quoted me $8,300 to replace 3 toilets and a bathtub. I placed the order on a Friday afternoon 4 p.m. to be exact, but then later discovered the toilets were not a good match for my family (through some basic online research over the weekend).
I contacted Shawn to cancel 3 business hours later, Monday 9 a.m., and was informed I would be charged some $1,025.00 in cancellation and restocking fees. They claimed the 3 toilets had been already shipped Friday evening, received Monday morning, and needed to be sent back to the supplier. No proof of shipment offered or provided to me, so this red flag gives it away a thousand times over, that they were never shipped. I also wonder why they would have even been shipped so quickly when I clearly told the salesman that the install could only be completed in two months from that day, because I was renting the home prior to closing on it.
I also have a saved voicemail where Shawn Butter threatened to show up at my property because I disputed the egregious amount of money he attempted to steal from me for changing my mind over the 2 day weekend. Yes, this is theft! Also, curiously, his receipt never states terms and conditions on how much time you have to reconsider an order. No refund or restocking policy either.
As you might imagine, playing the part of any typical *** artist, Butter Plumbing likes to award themselves with fake 5 star reviews online, while having the negative reviews removed by harassing the review sites. Do yourself a huge favor and pass on this East coast carpetbagger.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- New Toilets
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "I bought a new home. Knowing the 3 bedrooms would need carpet, I planned weeks in advance and found the perfect carpet: Mohawk Soft DeCor, English Pewter color. ..."
- "Having pool tiles removed and new ones placed plus acid wash today and tomorrow at a cost of over $5000. I have MANY pictures where the original tiles never made..."
- "We had Window World install new windows throughout our home in early 2011, choosing them because of the guarantee, price, and advertised energy savings. BIG MISTAKE!! I wish we would..."
- "4500 curry ford rd Orlando fl This is the twistee treat located on Curry Ford Road in Orlando Florida.I noticed I was in the low class ghetto Hispanic section of..."
- "My husband bought me 2 dozen flowers for my birthday. $131.00 total Day two these roses began to wilt and head south. I called the company and was told they..."
- "I was forced to switch to Frontier because they bought Verizon in California. I have had a service tech to my home and the product is still unwatchable. Dvr is..."
- "As (owner of City Lights Bar & Grill) inLas Vegas. I have been experiencing major problems with The Touchsuite POS system. I have never witness anything Like this in my 18..."
- "4/24/2010 Certified letter to Westgate CEO Mr David Siegel: Dear Sir. after months of failed attempts to resolved problems with our Planet Hollywood Towers timeshare purchase, it has become apparent that..."
- "I went to the piercing pagoda in Las Vegas South Premium outlets, and I've wanted to get my second piercings for a while now. when I first passed the kiosk,..."