Verified Reviewer

They offer you 15 days free after that the premium promotion with a 50% discount which most of us take advantage of. Then you do not hear from them about any type of expiration or automatic renewal, they only let you know, after 1 year!!!

that your membership has been renewed for another year and of course at the full price (about $100 dlls CA). Immediately, after I received this email, I requested my cancellation and my refund, my cancellation was immediate but the refund never came, so I contacted them and explained my situation, I had not used busuu for months because I felt stagnant, it becomes routine, likewise I told them that I could not pay another year that I had never received an expiration or automatic renewal notice, which was somewhat abusive, because there isn't better adjective to describe their business methods, and this was their response:

=============================================================

Hi Paulina,

Thank you for contacting us.

I am afraid your subscription was not cancelled and by not cancelling it you authorised us to renew it automatically.

I am sorry if you did not realise Busuu subscriptions always renew automatically.

As per our Terms and Conditions, I am afraid you are not eligible for a refund. However, I can confirm the auto renewal feature has been cancelled from your account, so we won't take anymore payment from you in the future.

It would be great if you could take a moment and complete our short survey below so that we can learn more about why you wish to cancel and what we can do to make Busuu better.

Kind Regards,

Peter,

=============================================================

Judge by yourselves, and no, I don't recommend busuu.com, they lack of integrity.NoNo

User's recommendation: No, I don't!

Busuu Pros: You learn for a few weeks.

Busuu Cons: Shame on them for their business methods, Charged you full price without notice, Bad customer service.

Comments