Bethpage, New York
1.4K views
2.5

I was deployed out of the country and a couple items I had been waiting on came back in stock. I called to arrange payment for the items, and see if I could have them held until I returned to the country. I was told no, but since I was scheduled to return in 2 months, I could put them on layaway until I returned. I really didn't want to do that, but, after talking with Jackie, I was convinced that would work. I put almost $1050 down with the intent of paying the balance, when I returned.

2 months later, we did not return. Incidents in the AoR forced us to extend our mission another 2 months. I contacted Bud's to explain what was going on. I was told that they would hold it, but only for a week. I asked if I could just pay it off, and hold it until I got back. I was told that they were NOT a storage facility. I told them OK, I would see if I could send it to my Dad, and have him pick it up. Although they said they would hold it a week, when I called back 3 days later, I was told the layaway was closed, and I had forfeited all money. When I reminded them of the previous conversation and email I had with Jackie about this issue, and that I had time remaining. The representative said that the policy was clear 90 days no more, "thank you for your money!" Emails since then have gone unanswered, and phone calls said, sorry, that order is closed.

I have had several friends have great experiences with Bud's, and a couple haven't. I am NOT in the great experiences group.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments