1105 Industry Rd, Lexington, KY 40505, USA
2.1

The worst. Absolutely the worst.

Every time I try to order from Buds Gun Shop, they screw me up somehow. Shame on me, I'm from Massachusetts and I know that makes things difficult for SOME sellers, but it really shouldn't for someone as big as Buds (and apparently as ignorant as Buds). You don't want my money? Fine, but for God's sake please fix your website and please don't lie to me.

My first order was a Beretta 92 - for those who don't know, it's on the "approved" roster in MA, is on the Attorney Generals secret approval list, and includes a perfectly legal 10rd magazine. My FFL was perfectly happy to receive it. The item description and checkout pages said nothing about there being an issue sending it to MA, but AFTER I PAID FOR IT a pop-up warning told me that Buds no longer ships semi-automatic rifles, semi-automatic shotguns, or handguns to MA. Ridiculous!

Phone calls and headaches ensued - I wound up ordering from a competitor for a few dollars more. My next order was a Remington 870 with an 18.5" barrel and a factory pistol grip. These are ALSO perfectly legal in MA, and common as dirt; they even sell them at Cabela's (the store where they're so cautious that they ask to see your LTC/carry permit when you buy an empty ammo can or rifle sling). I opted to try Buds because they beat the next guys price by about $50, and the little warning pop-up said that pumps, SXS and OU, bolt-actions were perfectly fine and would ship to MA.

I even asked the customer service guy on the phone, who said it was no problem. Surprise, surprise - Buds SCREWED me again. I ordered the item, and got an email the next day saying the item is "illegal to ship to Mass" which is 1) absolutely not true, 2) counter to what your website disclaimer says, and 3) counter to what your customer service representative said! I was trying for a $60 rebate from Remington.

It expires today. Now I'm not going to get it, because Buds is the absolute worst. I've got to wait days to get my moneyback, all due to Buds ineptitude and lies. At this point I might not even buy the gun.

I'm an MA firearms safety instructor, and I also teach a class about firearms law in MA. Factory PGO shotguns are perfectly legal to transfer in MA; they may be a "firearm" according to the ATF, but under our state law they are considered a "shotgun" and all of the direction of the AGs office and Office of Public Safety has stated such. You are absolutely obnoxious, Bud's Gun Shop, and a waste of time and money.

Your staff LIES TO CUSTOMERS and your knowledge of firearms and firearms law is lacking. I want my money back.

Product or Service Mentioned: Buds Gun Shop Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Buds Gun Shop Pros: Prices, Pricing.

Buds Gun Shop Cons: Lies, Being lied to.

Comments