Ordered a hand gun from Bud's, they did not even have the best price (Gunbroker's did) but wanted to give them a try as heard some good things. They surcharged me 2.7% for a Visa purchase and $8.00 for their supposed free shipping (insurance fee) but I accepted this.

The rub comes after I picked an FFL that I didn't know was a ferry ride away from me, substantially increasing my ffl fee. I quickly called Bud's the next morning to see if I could change the FFL. The girl who answered said it HADN'T shipped and I could change the FFL. I did.

I verified the new FFL was in my Bud;s Gun order info page and proceeded to contact my new FFL, fill out paperwork and schedule a time to pick up the gun. This involved 2 emails back and forth, scanning of my docs and 2 phone calls. The new FFL called me a day later when I said the tracking # indicated delivery that day. He informed the gun was being shipped to the FIRST FFL and not to him.

This FFL dealer knew nothing about me or the gun. I called Bud's immediately and told them the issue. They admitted the initial customer rep made a mistake, that the FFL couldn't be changed and offered to have the gun shipped back to them and they would reship to the correct FFL. I said that's crazy, this would take 4-5 days.

I said let's make it easier on both of us and just comp me a mag for the trouble (which wholesale would be around 15 bucks their cost), a lot less than two more trips of insured shipped and less hassle. The supervise refused. I escalated it to the head of online customer service and this person refused saying that even though their rep made a mistake, Bud's didn't make a mistake as they shipped to the first FFL. I said this caused a major hassle for me.

He responded by saying the extra 5-10 minutes of my wasted time was not worth a mag. I said it was 2 hours of my time and the issue was their customer service rep screwed up. He gave no ground. Bottom line, Bud's is like United Airlines when dragging the guy off the plane .

"they didn't do anything wrong - but sorry for the inconvenience" Exponential shortsightedness. I will never buy from Bud's again and I will make it a point to tell this story about Bud's at every range and gun show I go to and advise them to avoid Bud's Gun as a seller.

Product or Service Mentioned: Buds Gun Shop Customer Care.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments