1.6

Bottom line: Bud's sells used range guns and demo guns as "factory new." You will get screwed by this company if you pay using any method other than a credit card. I would not recommend buying from them at all after my recent experience. I ordered a Savage 10 Ashbury Precision Rifle for $150 less than any other price found on the internet. I now know why. I inspected the rifle at my FFL and, outwardly, it looked new. Once I got it home and started cleaning it up and attempting to cycle ammunition through it, I learned what I received was far, far from being a new rifle.

This gun was not only well used (I took it to a gunsmith to confirm), but appears to have been disassembled and reassembled for cleaning in an attempt to make it appear brand new. Intentionally fraudulent and deceptive, obviously. The buffer tube was not reinstalled straight, so the butt stock was at a slight angle rather than perfectly vertical. The barrel was not centered in the handguard, and, worst of all, the bolt action rifle would not cycle ammunition because the extractor was cracked and a chunk of metal was broken off it and the ejector rod was bent 45 degrees and also missing a portion of it's ejector face. The entire bolt face was covered in red gunk which was so caked on even their cleaning couldn't get it off.

I called customer service twice to work out an exchange for an actual new rifle, same model, and they wouldn't agree to it because I took home the rifle from the FFL. Let's be reasonable, one should not have to disassemble a rifle at their FFL in order to ensure they are not getting fuct over by an online retailer, but I guess you do with Bud's Gun Shop. That said, after the second attempt, I simply cancelled the charge with my credit card company, who always backs me up in cases like this. I forwarded them pictures of the bolt and rifle, along with a statement from my gunsmith, and they supported my case, refunding all my money.

Shortly after, some dork named Eric, allegedly a customer "service" manager, contacted me from Bud's because they wanted their rifle back. I tried working out something similar with him, but he was clueless as to how a credit card chargeback works and couldn't understand why I did that, so the rifle went back to Bud's and I'll never do business with them again. Generally speaking, there are thousands of better deals for new firearms listed on Armslist.com and Gunbroker.com, from highly regarded gun shops throughout the country. Now that everyone has to pay sales tax for online purchases, Bud's has lost any pricing advantage they once had. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY, even as a last resort. Trust me.

You can tell that a company is full of *** when all they allow on their own website is 5* well-screened reviews, and then you find a majority 1* reviews online that match your actual experience. I should've checked more closely rather than relied on a famous YouTuber's paid endorsement. That's on me, but I hope my experience and pointing this out helps you to avoid the same experience.

I've attached pictures to this review of the actual bolt I received. I never shot this rifle. Crazy, right? The internet is littered with stories about Bud's selling used guns under the category of "factory new." Don't fall for it. They'll deny it in response to this review, but can all these 1* reviews be lies? Of course not. The common denominator is Bud's.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: I've already resolved this matter by canceling my credit card transaction..

I didn't like: Misleading product description, Deceptive advertising, Damaged product, Incompetent customer service, Fraudulent sales practices.

Comments