Fraud Alert! Budget Van Lines/LD Moving and Storage
On March 6, 2016, I contracted with LD Moving and Storage to help move and relocate our items from El Cajon, CA to Gulfport, MS. Prior to this, Budget Van Lines brokered this move at an estimated $2,500. When the movers and foreman arrived on March 6, 2016, all of them smelled of marijuana and two of the three were clearly under the influence. After several minutes, I was quoted a new adjusted price of $5,300, twice the amount I was originally quoted! The foreman stated I had more items than on the initial inventory list, which is true, however I did not have twice the amount of items or weight. However, at this point, my husband and I felt we had no other choice, and proceeded with the move. The movers began to wrap and load our items. The entire time, the movers were making rude and inappropriate statements about our items. Statements included, “They seriously want to move this sh*t”, and “They have so much sh*t.” While I understand moving may not be an ideal profession, talking down to your customers in front of them is rude and inconsiderate. My husband and I had three friends over the entire time to watch/whiteness how they loaded our items.
We were not told that our items were going to be unloaded at the warehouse and then loaded again on the actual moving truck until after everything was loaded. I was also not made aware that I had to pay any cash that day. I was only aware that I had to pay cash on the final delivery. While I still do not appreciate that I had to pay cash, as I feel that is inappropriate business, I was willing to agree as long as I could pay the rest via credit card, as my employer is reimbursing part of my move expenses and I need documentation. After they are done loading, the foreman stated the final amount will be $3,750, and I HAD to pay $450 in cash that day. Again, this was not something we were aware of, and were not prepared for. We went to the ATM and pulled the cash because at this point, our entire lives were in that truck.
Upon delivery, the movers began to unload our items, and several items have been damaged or were missing. The movers unloading the items were very friendly unlike the movers who initially loaded everything. However, the driver himself was very rude. He stated, “Good luck getting any of these broken items reimbursed” which I found to be rude and inconsiderate.
At this time, I have estimated $2,591.98 in damaged and missing items. I am requesting that the entire amount is compensated back to us for all of the hassle, miscommunication, and damages to our items. People hire moving companies because they expect to pay for a service. I expected to pay for our items to be shipped from one location to another, in the same condition in which they were loaded, and I do not appreciate anything being in any other condition than that.
Budget Van Lines will do anything to get your money, even if it means using a shady moving company.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "If you are hoping to shell out several thousand dollars to have someone ransack all your belongings, steal what they think is valuable, and damage the rest, then Sammy Services..."
- "SCAM ALERT - Their drivers can purposefully get stuck in your yard and you are responsible for the time they spend digging and spinning to get out, as well as,..."
- "My experience with California Moving Systems, 3801 Happy Lane, Sacramento, CA 95827 has been a nightmare. This companies actions, practices, and personnel could best be described as negligent, reckless, with..."
- "I tried keranique it did not grow my hair it did nothing for My hair. ..."
- "Cold as *** / nobody gives a *** place is filthy / hwy 18 jackson ms - food cold/ everybody wants to play Grabass rather than take care of the..."
- "I bought diet Pepsi new aspartame free this sucks bad after taste not chrisp I want my money back or a free 12 of plan diet Pepsi please..."
- "Thank God I only purchased 1 item - a coat. My flannel nightgowns have more shape and quality than the completely crappy coat I got from Modily! It cost $31.50..."
- "Had my UP2 for 8 months when the band broke, split in two. Filed a claim in Sept. '16 and was told they would replace within 3-4 weeks. As with..."
- "Purchased home in 2015 - Lawn was extremely bad. After repeated promises to fix it - 18 months later it was a partial repair and they would not pay the..."