Fraud Alert! Budget Van Lines/LD Moving and Storage
On March 6, 2016, I contracted with LD Moving and Storage to help move and relocate our items from El Cajon, CA to Gulfport, MS. Prior to this, Budget Van Lines brokered this move at an estimated $2,500. When the movers and foreman arrived on March 6, 2016, all of them smelled of marijuana and two of the three were clearly under the influence. After several minutes, I was quoted a new adjusted price of $5,300, twice the amount I was originally quoted! The foreman stated I had more items than on the initial inventory list, which is true, however I did not have twice the amount of items or weight. However, at this point, my husband and I felt we had no other choice, and proceeded with the move. The movers began to wrap and load our items. The entire time, the movers were making rude and inappropriate statements about our items. Statements included, “They seriously want to move this sh*t”, and “They have so much sh*t.” While I understand moving may not be an ideal profession, talking down to your customers in front of them is rude and inconsiderate. My husband and I had three friends over the entire time to watch/whiteness how they loaded our items.
We were not told that our items were going to be unloaded at the warehouse and then loaded again on the actual moving truck until after everything was loaded. I was also not made aware that I had to pay any cash that day. I was only aware that I had to pay cash on the final delivery. While I still do not appreciate that I had to pay cash, as I feel that is inappropriate business, I was willing to agree as long as I could pay the rest via credit card, as my employer is reimbursing part of my move expenses and I need documentation. After they are done loading, the foreman stated the final amount will be $3,750, and I HAD to pay $450 in cash that day. Again, this was not something we were aware of, and were not prepared for. We went to the ATM and pulled the cash because at this point, our entire lives were in that truck.
Upon delivery, the movers began to unload our items, and several items have been damaged or were missing. The movers unloading the items were very friendly unlike the movers who initially loaded everything. However, the driver himself was very rude. He stated, “Good luck getting any of these broken items reimbursed” which I found to be rude and inconsiderate.
At this time, I have estimated $2,591.98 in damaged and missing items. I am requesting that the entire amount is compensated back to us for all of the hassle, miscommunication, and damages to our items. People hire moving companies because they expect to pay for a service. I expected to pay for our items to be shipped from one location to another, in the same condition in which they were loaded, and I do not appreciate anything being in any other condition than that.
Budget Van Lines will do anything to get your money, even if it means using a shady moving company.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We moved from Naples Fl to Port Saint Lucie. They came with too small a truck and crammed everything in. A LOT of damage to nice furniture. We are sick..."
- "April 27, Friday, Mailed 3 Passports (mine and my toddlers) and letters going to the Canadian Embassy in Makati April 28, Saturday, 1st attempt : Office Closed : returned to the..."
- "BEWARE OF BEKINS VAN LINES I hired Bekins for a move from CA to WA, During the transport of my shipment, at least 50% of my items were damaged severely, lost..."
- "I tried keranique it did not grow my hair it did nothing for My hair. ..."
- "Cold as *** / nobody gives a *** place is filthy / hwy 18 jackson ms - food cold/ everybody wants to play Grabass rather than take care of the..."
- "My fiance bought me a double-hearted necklace for Valentine's Day. I didn't have a single problem with it until I cleaned it. Then it changed colors. It cost him over..."
- "I have just resolved a month-long battle to get my (partially) repaired phone returned. • I accepted Elite’s quote for repair on 03/11 and on 04/11 delivered it to the local..."
- "Kuester has been letting Terra Green Landscaping on Concord, NC, run in and out of the property, circle the property, blow leaves directly into the cars, etc. etc. The BBB..."
- "I buy clothes at anthropology frequently because the their store in the Yorkville, Toronto is close to my office. Yesterday, I tried a sweater in the fitting room, I asked..."