Related: Brussels Airlines - Brussel airline is a mess

We are in receipt of your response to the above-referenced complaint. However, you have not answered the complaint. We reiterate:

Brussels Air advertised on its website before and including 5 October 2015, the date of our flight:

see attached image

This is the information we relied upon when preparing our baggage and our budget. We were entitled to rely on this information pursuant to CFR Title 14, Chapter II, Subchapter F, Part 399, Subpart G, § 399.85 - Notice of baggage fees and other fees, and you were not allowed to publish false advertisements of your baggage fee schedule. The dated screenshot and the copy of our e-ticket clearly show that Brussels Air was, on 5 October 2015, in violation of 49 US Code §41712 - Unfair and deceptive practices and unfair methods of competition.

You acknowledged your fault when, as electronic records show, you changed the baggage information advertised on the Brussels Air website following our complaint. The change, which according to 14 CFR § 399.85 must be expressly indicated as a change and remain prominently displayed for at least three months, also fails to comply with federal law.

The "sincere apologies" expressed in the attached email are inadequate to recompense us for our psychological distress when we were forced to pay an additional fee of $100 at the ticket counter, to say nothing of the fee itself. As the countless internet sites complaining of Brussels Air's deceptive practices attest, we are not the only travelers affected by the airline's failure to comply with U.S. regulations.

Review about: Brussels Airlines Cargo Facilities.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Brussels Airlines Flight
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Pricing issue / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Brussels Airlines?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.