Bridgemans Ice Cream - I went to Bridgeman's Restaurant for ice cream, got metal in it. (Duluth, MN)
A few months ago (I only just learned about this website earlier today) I went to Bridgeman's to have a nice lunch with my mom. The food was good... until I got to dessert. I've been to Bridgeman's a few other times and I keep coming back because their ice cream is so good. However, this time, as I was eating my ice cream, I bit down on something hard and cold. I thought it was just ice, because I chewed on it and it broke into pieces... but the pieces never got smaller. Nervously, I spat out the bits of stuff in my mouth, only to find that it was a small piece of metal.
Obviously this is a huge issue. I could have cut my mouth on it, swallowed it, you name it. Thank God I'm not allergic to whatever type of metal that was.
Being rightfully pissed, we called over the waitress and we expected a big reaction like we had, but instead she made a face of dull surprise and didn't say much other than "oh no" and "maybe it's a piece of the ice cream scooper."
She went back saying she'd ask the person serving the ice cream about it. We waited at least 15 minutes for her to come back... to our table. She left the kitchen area maybe 2 minutes after she left our table, then came back out, serving customers and giving out refills as usual. it's like she totally forgot we were there.
So 15+ minutes pass and we would have left already but we wanted some kind of explanation. Eventually she came back and basically said "I don't know why that happened," and asked me if I wanted more ice cream out of a different tub instead. WHAT?
She did not care at all that a customer could have swallowed something entirely edible and potentially have an allergic reaction.
We declined her offer and decided to just leave, because she wasn't going to do anything but stare at us like she was bored.
On the way out, we talked to a man at the counter where you can buy just ice cream by itself. He looked like the manager, but I'm not sure.
My mom mentioned the metal bits, and he said "oh, sorry." without even looking at us.
wow. what a heartfelt apology. Thanks, Bridgeman's.
Our food was free, but we deserved more than that pathetic "apology."
I will never go back there again.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Hi pissedconsumer Team, SUBJECT : CUSTOMERS CHEATED IN PRICE AND QUALITY FOR 8 PIECE TUB CHIKCEN WHEN COMPARED WITH MARRYBROWNINDIA PORTAL PLACE : TIRUNELVELI, TAMIL NADU, INDIA SHOP NAME :..."
- "I ordered a tuna sandwich. I got a tablespoon of tuna, some rotted lettuce, 2 paper thin see-thru tomato slices and enough bread to stuff a turkey. Rotten, wilted, old,..."
- " I have been trying to contact Panera Bread through their contact email on their website for almost 2 weeks now and have received NO response. I had a horrible..."
- "“Ask Option Binary Option Broker at askoption.com will not let me withdraw my own money. Here is my current balance as of 01/16/17 Total pending withdrawals amount: $11,727.00 Amount available..."
- "I ordered a "Deluxe" funeral spray, shown. Their website said the Deluxe was what was pictured. I paid $107. I accidentally put "Jr." after my brother's name (my Dad was..."
- "I received a top I ordered with a black spot on the back. I filed for a return on their website and uploaded pictures asked. they offered me 20% and..."
- "I bought a pair of boots in the fall. They were little booties with leather fringes. The very first day I wore the boots.. The fringes started falling off. Every..."
- "Dome melted and contacted company. Was offered replacement at a price and willing to pay but never received reply. Sent my shipping info but contact person said wasn't received. sent..."