Dana Point, California

Here is a history of the correspondence and terrible service I have received from BrickFence. You can make up you own mind as to whether to do business with this company. JUST REMEMBER IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG IT WON'T BE THEIR FAULT. FACTS ARE "LUDICROUS" TO THESE PEOPLE.In short I sent my laptop in for repair priority Mail, Paid 29.95 for express service. Their site said I would get my computer back by April 8 at the latest. It didn't arrive until April 24 and the LCD Screen was dammaged due to poor packaging.

Dear brickfence, March 20

Hi,I have a macbookpro A1211 that needs a new video card as well as a new disc drive. Can I get a quote? Can you do these repairs at the same time ? Thanks

- tropicsilk

Dear tropicsilk, March 21

The dvd drive would be an extra $30. Yes we can do both repairs at the same time. Please include a note saying you want a new dvd drive with the package. Once the dvd drive is installed successfully we will bill you via paypal.( I followed these instructions and put a clear note in the laptop on the keyboard)Dear brickfence,

When I click buy it now it does not work. Are you on vacation?

Try it now. Thanks

March 22,Paid Paypal 174.95Dear tropicsilk, April 2

Hello, your unit has had the new chip installed and is working. It is on its way back to you. Check for the tracking number in your ebay account under purchased items. When you are satisfied please do not forget to leave us 5 star feedback. Once you do positive feedback will be left automatically for you. Thank You.

Dear tropicsilk, April 2

We have billed you $29.95 via paypal for the express shipping fees. Once paid your unit will be shipped back to you

Seller: brickfence ( 4189 ? )Message To buyer:Thank You.

Item title

Price

Shipping price

Qty

Item total MACBOOK PRO A1150 A1151 A1211 A1212 LAPTOP LOGIC BOARD REPAIR NEW VIDEO CHIP ( item: 110849996269  transaction: 1000039004001 )?Paid on Mar-22-13

$174.95 Free

$174.95

Shipped on Apr-02-13USPS Parcel SelectEstimated delivery: Sat. Mar. 30 - Mon. Apr. 8Tracking number: 9461209699937608605595 (NOTE THE ESTIMATED DELIVERY MAR.30TH -APRIL 8) AFTER PAYING FOR THE EXPRESS SERVICE MY COMPUTER WAS SENT BACK WITHOUT THE DVD DRIVE REPLACED AND SENT THE SLOWEST POSSIBLE WAY. IT ON APRIL 24TH FINALLY ARRIVED OVER TWO WEEKS LATER THAN PROMISED HERE AND HAD A BROKEN LCD SCREEN DUE TO POOR PACKING ON THEIR END. NEVER A SORRY FOR THE INCONVIENIENCE OR ANY RESPONSIBILITY)

?Apr 3, 2013 19:26:38 PDTHello

Karl Suazo would like to be paid through PayPal.

MerchantKarl Suazobrickfencebay@gmail.comNote from merchantThe merchant hasn't sent a note.DescriptionAmountService$29.95 USDTotal$29.95 USD

(Express charge I paid after the unit had been shipped?

Dear tropicsilk,

Thank you for your honesty. Come back for a 10 percent discount next time.

Thank you(IF I WANTED SOMETHING FOR NOTHING OR WAS NOT HONEST I COULD HAVE NOT PAID THIS AS IT WAS ALREADY SHIPPED BY MISTAKE BEFORE BEING PAID FOR EXPRESS. THIS SHOWS THEY DON'T HAVE IT TOGETHER VERY WELL.)

Dear tropicsilk,

It is shipped and in transit. The express charge is for labor not shipping. We clearly indicated on the listing the two are different. It is still in transit to you...>>>PLEASE USE THE REPLY BUTTON WHEN RESPONDING TO OUR MESSAGES TO KEEP THE COMMUNICATION FLOW BETWEEN US IN ONE PLACE.<<<..***PLEASE NOTE WE DO NOT RESPOND TO MESSAGES SENT OUTSIDE THE EBAY MESSAGE SYSTEM. IF YOU NEED TO CONTACT US PLEASE LOG IN TO YOUR EBAY ACCOUNT AND USE THE EBAY MESSAGE SYSTEM ONLY. THANK YOU.***Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply??

From: tropicsilkTo: brickfenceSubject: Re: brickfence sent a message about MACBOOK PRO A1150 A1151 A1211 A1212 LAPTOP LOGIC BOARD REPAIR NEW VIDEO CHIP #110849996269Sent Date: Apr-16-13 13:33:43 PDT

Dear brickfence,

I sent my computer to you on 3/26/13. I asked for express service and paid an additional 29.95. I still have not received my computer.Can you tell what is wrong?( IIT IS NOW 8 DAYS PAST THE LATEST SHIPPING ESTIMATE. OVER 2 WEEKS PAST THE EARLY ESTIMATE)

Your listing clearly states Expedited shipping by US priority Mail. Your communication has been very bad. I asked for the DVD to be replaced but I never heard of that being done either. It is clear that that you did not ship by Priority Mail. This has been a very bad inconveinience. I should be refunded the Expedited charge. Here is a copy of your listing:

Unfortunately you are wrong. The listing does NOT say expedited shipping as the default free shipping method. For the DEFAULT free shipping which is what you selected it is: Free shipping United States Economy Shipping (USPS Parcel Select®)

Expedited shipping was an extra cost you did NOT pay for.

You paid for EXPRESS LABOR which is 1 business day turnaround which you know clearly as the instructions we sent you on Mar-22-13 02:37 PM state in CLEAR English:

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''From here down the emails are in reverse order.''

Dear tropicsilk,

Thank you for purchasing our repair service for your unit.

-----Original Message-----From: eBay Member: brickfence

Sent: Thu, Apr 25, 2013 6:19 pmSubject: Re: brickfence sent a message about MACBOOK PRO A1150 A1151 A1211 A1212 LAPTOP LOGIC BOARD REPAIR NEW VIDEO CHIP #110849996269----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------(FROM HERE DOWN THE BALACE OF CORESPONDANCE IS NOW IN REVERSE ORDER)

?Seller has responded to your question about this item?

?Do not respond to the sender if this message requests that you complete the transaction outside of eBay. This type of offer is against eBay policy, may be fraudulent, and is not covered by buyer protection programs. Learn More

APRIL 25,   I'm sorry that FACTS seem ludicrous to you and are something you don't want to deal with. That was a nice story about the car but it does not apply here. It has been a month now. I did not pick up my computer. It is your responsibility to get the unit back to me adequately packed just as I sent it to you. It was not packed well by you. I can tell by the way you write you receive many complaints. Do you really think I trust you to do anything else. I have been greatly inconvenienced. No apology no responsibility on your end. My trying to get my computer fixed in a timely fashion is in no way badgering you. You have done a terrible job for me and unless you refund me I will make it very well known.I am done giving you a chance to do the right thing. I have been very busy with sick parents so don't think I have nothing better to do.I will start the process of formal complaints with ebay and Paypal after work tomorrow. Then I will blog all of our correspondence to let the public make up their own mind. I have exposed much bigger fish than you!Not refunding me will cost much much more than just doing the right thing. You will start to see my dissatisfaction on Google on the 27th.Good day to you! APRIL 25,

Dear tropicsilk,

I'm not going to even get into the ludicrous statements below. The bottom line is the unit was damaged after it left our hands. We installed new parts and the unit was tested and working just fine when shipped. If you would like to return it we can help you out with a replacement screen or we can refund if you like but we need out parts back. Think of it this way...you pick your car up from the mechanic after having new tires installed. Then you get hit in an accident the same day. How does the mechanic have responsibility for that? You can argue all you want about packaging and everything else. The bottom like is we do hundreds of units a week and when something gets damaged after it leaves our hands there is not much we can do except try to help the customer. All your outlandish statements do not help anything. So if you want to get the unit fixed send it back and we sort it out. If you want a refund you will have to do the same thing. If you want a send it back as per contract terms we will have to verify the lcd and remove the parts installed and refund you. If you want it fixed we can do that too. If you want to continue to badger and berate us your welcome to do that too but do not expect much help.

Good day. ..>>>PLEASE USE THE REPLY BUTTON WHEN RESPONDING TO OUR MESSAGES TO KEEP THE COMMUNICATION FLOW BETWEEN US IN ONE PLACE.<<<..***PLEASE NOTE WE DO NOT RESPOND TO MESSAGES SENT OUTSIDE THE EBAY MESSAGE SYSTEM. IF YOU NEED TO CONTACT US PLEASE LOG IN TO YOUR EBAY ACCOUNT AND USE THE EBAY MESSAGE SYSTEM ONLY. THANK YOU.***Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply??

From: tropicsilkTo: brickfenceSubject: Re: brickfence sent a message about MACBOOK PRO A1150 A1151 A1211 A1212 LAPTOP LOGIC BOARD REPAIR NEW VIDEO CHIP #110849996269Sent Date: Apr-25-13 11:15:01 PDT

Dear brickfence,

I can't begin to imagine what you do as a business. By your own admission the LCD was fine when you received it. When I received it the computer only had about half the packing material in it. This must have happened because it was not packed correctly. It was able to move around in the box for almost a month. It must have been packed correctly to reach you with the LCD intact. When I picked up the box I noticed the computer was loose in the box. Who's fault is that? Just let me know if I need to file a claim through PayPal and Ebay or are you going to do the right thing? If you keep giving me the runaround. I will not only file claims through Paypal and ebay I will start blogging with regard to the way you do business I am fed up. $200 means nothing to me. Being treated this way and receiving such poor service and having to pay for it really bothers me! Any real business would be apologetic and take responsibility. You have until the close of business today. I'm PISSED.David Brown

Dear tropicsilk,

We saw the picture you sent and the unit is working correctly. Your LCD seems to be damaged which was NOT the way we shipped it to you. This damage that seems to be shown in the picture was not present when we had your unit. Why in the world would we sent back a unit with a broken lcd? Do you really think we would not advise you of such? ..>>>PLEASE USE THE REPLY BUTTON WHEN RESPONDING TO OUR MESSAGES TO KEEP THE COMMUNICATION FLOW BETWEEN US IN ONE PLACE.<<<..***PLEASE NOTE WE DO NOT RESPOND TO MESSAGES SENT OUTSIDE THE EBAY MESSAGE SYSTEM. IF YOU NEED TO CONTACT US PLEASE LOG IN TO YOUR EBAY ACCOUNT AND USE THE EBAY MESSAGE SYSTEM ONLY. THANK YOU.***

From: tropicsilkTo: brickfenceSubject: Re: brickfence sent a message about MACBOOK PRO A1150 A1151 A1211 A1212 LAPTOP LOGIC BOARD REPAIR NEW VIDEO CHIP #110849996269Sent Date: Apr-24-13 16:59:10 PDT

Dear brickfence,

After sending by Priority Mail and paying a rush fee I have waited for my computer for almost a month I finally recieved it. As you can see in the attached photo you have failed to fix the problem. I have been severly inconvienienced by the less than proffessional service and communication. Imagine if your computer was gone for a month and then came back like this. I don't understand why you would ship a computer out in this condition.I expect an immediate refund including the rush fee.

-----Original Message-----From: eBay Member: brickfence

Sent: Thu, Apr 18, 2013 7:40 amSubject: Re: brickfence sent a message about MACBOOK PRO A1150 A1151 A1211 A1212 LAPTOP LOGIC BOARD REPAIR NEW VIDEO CHIP #110849996269

Dear tropicsilk,

We did not see any note about the dvd drive with your unit. We will send you one if you would like for $25...>>>PLEASE USE THE REPLY BUTTON WHEN RESPONDING TO OUR MESSAGES TO KEEP THE COMMUNICATION FLOW BETWEEN US IN ONE PLACE.<<<

From: tropicsilkTo: brickfenceSubject: Re: brickfence sent a message about MACBOOK PRO A1150 A1151 A1211 A1212 LAPTOP LOGIC BOARD REPAIR NEW VIDEO CHIP #110849996269Sent Date: Apr-17-13 15:38:05 PDT

Dear brickfence,

You have not communicated well. Why don't you explain that your "DEFAULT Shipping will take weeks. It doesn't make sense to pay for express service and then wait for weeks for the computer. It's not the money it's the time that concerns me. I would assume if one pays for express mail to get their computer to you, then pays for Express service simple logic would be that they are in need of their computer in a hurry and are willing to pay for that. You never asked me how soon I needed my computer.

I also asked to have the DVD drive replaced I was quoted $30 and sent a very clear note with the computer stating that I wanted that installed. Was it? I was never billed and STILL don't have my computer. I noticed that you did not address this in your reply. You may know how to fix computers but customer service is not one of your strengths.

In business being technically right but not serving the customers needs is not a model for success!

Sincerely

Review about: Delivery.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $200
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Brickfence?

Comments

Palma, Balearic Islands, Spain #1335652

I am going through the denial right now with their support ***

dealingwiththesepeoplemakemeha
Chicago, Illinois, United States #879205

Wow, you are the customer I would be glad to lose. You replies consisted of insults and threats, did you consider shipping insurance?

Honestly,

I feel that you were negligent regarding properly understanding contract terms and shipping method terminology.It seems the seller did attempt to reason with you and help out, but you were too irate to be reasonable.

Threatening the seller will do nothing; he honored his agreement. Damage done during shipping--which the method in this case appears to be the poorest shipping method, one which USPS in my experience don't pay much attention to and CAN take weeks in some instances--is not the fault of the seller's.

Maybe this was a wake-up call for you.I do understand that you were going through a difficult time during this ordeal, and you were inconvenienced, but there was a better manner to handling this situation.

Regards,

Tropicsilk
to Anonymous #808451

It is the fault of the seller .They used only half of my packing material to return my computer.

If you look at the

First part of our communication they were quite confused in their response. Never said I'm sorry only berating of customers who were disappointed.

Read how horribly they speak of those that are unhappy with them.Terrible customer device.

mastodon96
to Tropicsilk #842895

They took out most of it because it depends on weight height and size in order to save cost to yourself and their business. The ones who were handling it in shipping did a poor job and that was not brick fence's fault. they have sent me half the amount of packaging I had originally and mine has turned out fine.