Brewer and Sons Funeral Homes - Should you trust Brewer & Sons Funeral Homes with your loved one?
The media has written 2 stories on Brewer & Sons 7 funeral homes within the last 22 months, and the stories are for problems and issues that the media has uncovered through investigations. What if there are more problems and issues that the media has yet to discover with Brewer and Sons?
The first incident was a body switch/mix up (http://tinyurl.com/BodyMixup) and the second incident was a website to generate business exclusively for Brewer & Sons called Ask Bury (http://tinyurl.com/Askbury).
How would you feel if this was your family member's body that was switched with someone else? Can you imagine how horrified the family was upon discovery? "It's a funeral director's worst nightmare,'' said Barry Brewer, president of Brewer & Sons Funeral Home (Tampa Bay Online). Even after this statement by Barry Brewer his funerals homes have a way of coming back into the news.
Family Owned Service Corporation, Inc. owns Brewer & Sons Funeral Homes and also owns Ask Bury. After researching we found out that Ask Bury is registered with the Division of Corporation in State of Florida under the same corporation as Brewer & Sons. Both companies share the same P.O. Box. Also, Brewer & Sons Funeral Homes have an Ask Bury truck, which on multiple occasions has been caught parked outside one of their buildings. The good news is once discovery was made the Askbury.com website was removed and the truck is now nowhere in sight. I wonder if Brewer & Sons have something to hide?
Think about this, do you want to risk your loved one into the care of Brewer & Sons Funeral Homes when there are so many other reputable funeral homes out there to choose from?
In Addition, after thoroughly shopping around our investigator found that Brewer & Sons Funeral Homes is very expensive. Brewer & Sons Funeral Homes General Price List has basic cremation at $1,695, but there are numerous other funeral homes offering the same service for so much less. Here are some other great funeral home options for cremation:
Hillsborough County, which covers the Tampa Bay Area has Abbey Affordable Cremations and Funeral Services at $465. Hernando County, which covers Spring Hill and Brooksville has Abbey Affordable Cremations at $625, Coastal Cremations at $895 or Downing Funeral Home at $1,145. Also, Lake County which covers Clermont and Groveland has Cremation Choices at $750 or Becker Funeral Home at $1,295.
Why would anyone want to use Brewer & Sons Funeral Homes after reading about the above incidents, and especially when there are so many other quality funeral homes that charge significantly less?
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Funeral Home
- Review category
- Ceremonies and Events
You May Also Like
- "I purchased the dress thinking it was on sale, FIRST MISTAKE, it's always the same price. Nov 2011I didn't realize they ship from China and if it doesn't fit (which..."
- "This was my daughters first time competing in pageant even tho she didnt take home a title she really enjoyed herself and is looking forward to next year. The memories..."
- "I ordered a pastel sympathy standing basket premium-large arrangement. It was suppose to have less filler and more flowers will I got the opposite. Also, I paid extra money to..."
- "Bushnell, IL Dollar General is AWFUL! It is UNORGANIZED, FILTHY, and RUDE. This Dollar General is a disaster as soon as you enter the Store. There are CLUTTER all over,..."
- "I am entering my 8th month on the project and still do not have a completed bathroom. There have been continual mistakes along the way- faucets plumbed wrong, electrical outlet..."
- "Fema lies to people and scam people i have been dealing with fema since august everytime i talk to fema its a new excuse of what they need everytime i..."
- "On August 31st, my sink was clogged and i contacted Plumbing Rescue after my efforts to undrain the sink failed. They came out the same day and had to..."
- "I had this company come out today for a free second opinion and quote. The technician, Andrew, came out promptly and began discussing with my boyfriend the options to repair..."
- "WARNING!! Attorney Kiarash Shampoo AKA Kia Champion Is A *** ARTIST! Encino, California BEWARE of a scam artist by the name of Attorney Kiarash Shampoo AKA Kia Champion AKA Kia Shampoo Champion...."