Brewer and Sons Funeral Homes - Should you trust Brewer & Sons Funeral Homes with your loved one?
The media has written 2 stories on Brewer & Sons 7 funeral homes within the last 22 months, and the stories are for problems and issues that the media has uncovered through investigations. What if there are more problems and issues that the media has yet to discover with Brewer and Sons?
The first incident was a body switch/mix up (http://tinyurl.com/BodyMixup) and the second incident was a website to generate business exclusively for Brewer & Sons called Ask Bury (http://tinyurl.com/Askbury).
How would you feel if this was your family member's body that was switched with someone else? Can you imagine how horrified the family was upon discovery? "It's a funeral director's worst nightmare,'' said Barry Brewer, president of Brewer & Sons Funeral Home (Tampa Bay Online). Even after this statement by Barry Brewer his funerals homes have a way of coming back into the news.
Family Owned Service Corporation, Inc. owns Brewer & Sons Funeral Homes and also owns Ask Bury. After researching we found out that Ask Bury is registered with the Division of Corporation in State of Florida under the same corporation as Brewer & Sons. Both companies share the same P.O. Box. Also, Brewer & Sons Funeral Homes have an Ask Bury truck, which on multiple occasions has been caught parked outside one of their buildings. The good news is once discovery was made the Askbury.com website was removed and the truck is now nowhere in sight. I wonder if Brewer & Sons have something to hide?
Think about this, do you want to risk your loved one into the care of Brewer & Sons Funeral Homes when there are so many other reputable funeral homes out there to choose from?
In Addition, after thoroughly shopping around our investigator found that Brewer & Sons Funeral Homes is very expensive. Brewer & Sons Funeral Homes General Price List has basic cremation at $1,695, but there are numerous other funeral homes offering the same service for so much less. Here are some other great funeral home options for cremation:
Hillsborough County, which covers the Tampa Bay Area has Abbey Affordable Cremations and Funeral Services at $465. Hernando County, which covers Spring Hill and Brooksville has Abbey Affordable Cremations at $625, Coastal Cremations at $895 or Downing Funeral Home at $1,145. Also, Lake County which covers Clermont and Groveland has Cremation Choices at $750 or Becker Funeral Home at $1,295.
Why would anyone want to use Brewer & Sons Funeral Homes after reading about the above incidents, and especially when there are so many other quality funeral homes that charge significantly less?
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Funeral Home
- Review category
- Ceremonies and Events
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a Marketside organic spring mix salad from Walmart. It was in a clear hard plastic container. It says on the package washed and ready to eat. I opened..."
- "my order number is# 3559528 on friday june 6 th. I placed an order for a wedding dress. I cannot put into words what i recieved yesterday june 30th,..."
- "Two years ago I bought a dress that was beautiful and looked like the photo. A couple weeks ago I wanted to order the same dress in a different..."
- "I went in to the Fantastic Sams on US 41 in Bradenton, in the Target plaza. I used to go to the salon in Ellenton and recently moved to this..."
- "I am an extremely pleased customer of Leonid Afremov. I received my AMAZING painting recently. It arrived in a timely fashion. The oil painting on canvas was very well done..."
- "15 hrs ago i made a post in regards to direct tv making an Unaurthorized transaction on my account, i had No Contract, No ties, No links to direct tv,..."
- "Avoid this "storage bed" which lacks storage - Junk! This was one of the most disappointing furniture purchases we ever made. From the pictures and the descriptions, we expected a..."
- "Had my jeep in for a paint job and was horrified to see that they painted my jeep Red jeep. orange!! I also dealt with the manager Lillie, rude!! And..."
- "i had bought a proactiv plus 3 step kit, & since then i have been receiving a ridiculous amount of proactiv + larger kits and tbh i dont remeber signing..."