The call center representative was arrogant, disrespectful and a liar. I have a 51 year record of near perfect credit with an 810 FICO score, low credit usage and mid six figure savings account and this company refused to allow me to open a CD account.

When I asked for a reason for refusal to open an account this rep refused to provide any answers.

I asked for a supervisor and was told that they do not have to tell me why they rejected my application.

So I contacted the FDIC and explained the situation. A few days later, a Bread rep contacted me and wanted to explain why they refused an account deposit of $25,000. This individual also would not disclose the reason for the refusal.

Additionally, I have been a Comenity Bank, owner of Bread, credit card customer for nearly 10 years with a perfect credit record.

None of this seemed to have any bearing on their blatant refusal to open an account for me.

Their offerings are very attractive rate wise, but my money is not acceptable to these belligerent fools.

Don't waste your time with them, they do not deserve the right to take exclusively selected clients money and operate in the US financial system. WARNING!

They are toxic and unbelievably rude.

Find another financial institution even if you have to accept minutely lower rates. You will thank yourself later on, I feel certain.

User's recommendation: Find any other bank instead of Bread Financial.

Location: New York, New York