Review about Brault And Martineau E5122Pk-Lafc Sectional Sofa from Chateauguay, Quebec
This company robs its consumers. They sell overpriced, poor quality furniture and do not hold true to their warranty policy.
After my home flooded , my insurance company purchased my family a sectional sofa from B&M. It has been a nightmare since. The 2000$ sofa collapsed within 6 months. After a technician came to verify that it was a manufacturing defect we were given a delivery date for a replacement. the (1st) day of delivery - 2 delivery men who spoke neither French or English showed up to do the delivery. Communicating was near impossible and when we asked why, the workers explained their poor language skills were the cause of being subcontracted and not actually workers from b&m. While the delivery men were taking our old broken sofa out of the house they took it as is without taking it apart and forced the sofa through a doorway until the sofa cushions ripped. We took photos of the damage and the order reprint and had the delivery men write that they ripped the sofa and sign their signature on the delivery form just incase. Well, when they brought the new sofa inside and were unwrapping it , we discovered it was damaged too. Right out of the package! The delivery men called the company and told them the situation . They offered us a 80$ rebate on the 2000$ sofa ! Naturally we refused the new damaged couch. So We were given our old broken couch back and the delivery men put the new damaged sofa back in the truck and left. After numerous phone calls with different representatives we were given another delivery date .
The 2nd experience even more horrible than the first. The delivery men showed up and demanded to see the old sofa . Investigated every inch of the sofa before finding the rip the previous delivery men had made and then told us- the exchange was being refused. We asked them to stay 10 minutes while we call customer service- they told us no! They said that they were paid by how much deliveries they made and not by hour and then they left. Just like that. I called b&m immediately after demanding a explanation only to be told that there was no customer service representative who could handle my file during the weekend and I would have to speak to the original representative who authorized the delivery. So, a 1inch rip on the back of in my couch that their delivery men made is apparently a bigger problem than the broken frame on the sofa. It's been almost a year and so far there's been 3 sofas- 2 lost work days waiting for delivery- 4 delivery men- 3 delivery days , a technician and a handful of worthless aggravating phone calls.
Allstate insurance company sent us to b&m and paid the bill. Well, the insurance adjuster from Allstate is now extremely dissatisfied about the service we have received and is becoming involved in the situation as well as the Quebec office de la consommateurs.
I don't recommend anybody do business with this company and I'll be sure to make my opinion and my personal experience known.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Warranty issue
- Product or service
- Brault And Martineau E5122Pk-Lafc Sectional Sofa
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My wife and I purchased an "Albany Furniture" leather living room set (modular sofa, loveseat and ottoman, 6 pieces total) in February of 2012 from Levin Furniture in Wexford, PA..."
- "We purchased a queeen size Serta Mattress set from Mazer in Birmingham Alabama that is defective. I had it picked up and delivered to the house we are buying, but..."
- " Upon purchasing the 2 for 1 product, king size, I noticed an obvious difference in the amount of filling in both pillows. I opted..."
- "I found a nice coat on FashionMia and ordered it for myself as a Christmas present. They emailed me the package's tracking number, and I kept track of it every..."
- "I was told the firat 5 times regardless of weight i would recieve $50 but after 5 hours of being there stuck 3 times and then very bruised afterwards i..."
- "Surprise by hubby purchased me my 1st real life like doll was a huge disappointment & cost way to much-Abby Rose, described as real like, blue eyed baby-has purple eyes,..."
- "I ordered 2 128gb sandisk micro sd cards and 3 128gb Adata micro sd cards from a second seller, and 2 512gb usb flash drives they were all fake..."
- "I order a necklace with the name FELIXE and in the order the name was spelled wrong so i email them to make the correction but wben i received it..."
- "I paid 317.99$ for 2 tickets on Online City Tickets. Finally the real value for each ticket was 52.75$ per ticket. I paid more than 200$ more that it actually..."