Bought IT Sold IT stole my eBay consignment items - to the tune of almost $10,000
Update added by user Feb 19, 2013
Update: I got a letter from their lawyer stating that they filed for bankruptcy protection, stating that there are no funds left for creditors. I assume this means they ripped off many other people, since scammers usually file for bankruptcy protection when there's a judgement against them.
I found out through this notice that their real address is (like most scam artists, it's not what they post online):
Kenneth Paul Black and Melanie Christina Brandenburger-Black
3 South Main Street
Telford, PA 18969
Original review posted by user Jan 02, 2013
I am making it public that I have been scammed by the highly unethical Ken Black of Bought IT Sold IT (BoughtItSoldIt.com) eBay consignment. Ken Black of Bought IT Sold IT was supposed to sell over 400 of my items on eBay to raise funds for a humanitarian organization which provides clean water and life-saving medical supplies.
Ken Black and I made a deal by signing a contract that laid out all the terms of the commission, sales, etc. After everything was settled by signing the contract, he had his employee Seth come and check each item with myself and two other witnesses. Each item was checked off on an inventory spreadsheet printout and the total number of items was confirmed by signatures on the contract. The pickup of my over 400 designer clothing and electronics items took two hours and was well documented and witnessed.
Once he had my items, he chose to mostly ignore me, and the contract terms. When I would email him very politely (after all, who wants to anger someone with over 400 of your items?), I would routinely not get a reply, or I would get a very snippy/rude response. Sometimes I had to email him many times over weeks and leave multiple voice messages to get a response. All this while he has tens of thousands of dollars worth of my inventory.
One item in particular he was very irresponsible with: a $10k retail piece of electronics. I sent him emails on August 30th, September 6, September 12th, September 14th and September 22nd but to no avail. He held onto the item for over a year before even listing it, by which time the street price decreased by $2500.
In the contract I was specifically allowed to set minimum sale prices. We agreed that nothing will be sold for less than $25 below the minimum sale price. The contract was not followed, and he routinely sold items for well below the $25 difference, without asking me (to the tune of $756 in unauthorized discounts, not including the $2500 lost on the one electronic item.)
I was having trouble reaching him (again) to get my items back, so I warned him that I might turn this whole mess he has made over to my lawyer if he doesn’t become responsive via email or phone. Finally, he sent me eight boxes of my items back, which he hadn’t sold almost a year and a half later. The boxes were short 52 of my items (almost $10k worth at the minimum sale prices we set) - they were missing! I emailed him again expecting to receive the items and/or final payment. He replied saying that the check has been sent out and that it should only be a matter of days before I receive the check, but it never came.
Ken Black clearly violated our contract in four major ways. In addition, he cost us a lot of money by not adhering to the minimum sale prices that he agreed upon via email and in the contract. He still has $9236.79 (at the minimum street / eBay value) of my designer clothing items which at this point are flat-out stolen.
I have evidence and two additional witnesses who were there and also saw his employee go through each item as it was packed, then sign a contract saying the total number of items. The inventory he sent me after getting the items was already revised by him (items were removed, as he claimed they never arrived, and I put up with that since he had all my items in his warehouse) and that revised spreadsheet that we agreed to use was confirmed by him. I have it all in a Google Document so we know who made what edits to the inventory.
Ken Black’s latest email admitted that he still owes me an extra 10% (as per the percentage in the contract), which he’s kept without a reason and still hasn't paid, many months after admitting that. I should also note that there was no breach of contract on our side.
Contrary to the Agreement, Ken Black / Bought IT Sold IT routinely discounted items below the minimum sales price without the approval of Consignor. The 13 items discounted greater than $25.00 below the Contract minimum equals $756.33. While Bought IT Sold IT has returned certain items, they have retained 52 items valued at $9236.79 (generously, this is based on our original minimum sale price) owned by Consignor and despite multiple demands and assurances by BoughtItSoldIt that payment of such amount would be made, no funds have been sent. On the additional $20,000+ of items sold, contrary to Contract you still owe 10% or $2,099.47. Despite repeated demand and assurances by
you that such funds would be paid, no funds have been sent. We hereby demand that immediate payment forthwith of the $12,092.59 due and owed.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Ebay Reseller
- Review category
- Professional Services
You May Also Like
- "Jenna the Astrologer seems very genuine and caring. She was completely accurate w my readings she gave me for free, for some reason she gave me 3 readings and a..."
- "Oil change at WAL-MART resulted in engine plug falling out September 30, 2011, locking up my engine. Towed to 2 shops that verified it was a WALMART problem. WALMART would..."
- "I have been dealing with this stalker for over 2 years now! And, of course instead of competing with honor these so called, "customer" reviews are garbage! These are fabricated..."
- "I placed an order online for $40 worth of jewelry and received the confirmation order moments after it was submitted. 4 weeks had passed and I realized that I hadn't..."
- "Borealis Face Cream was next to useless. If you fall in with a team of folks, you may pick up their Skin Care habits. Send me an email if you're..."
- "My programmable Honeywell thermostat blow up & caused smoke. I was out at work & came home and saw wall had some smoke on it. The house smelled very bad...."
- "SCAM. SCAM. SCAM. SCAM. SCAM. SCAM. I refused to go further with conducting business with TOCO after reading these disturbing reviews and for the second time I have been harassed..."
- "My aunt just died,and we were cleaning out her basement apartment in my moms house.There was a bed frame and a kitchen table and the 4 chairs.My sister and I..."
- "Attivos Magistrais Indústria e Comércio. Ltda. (“Attivos”), a Brazilian company based in Goiás, has defaulted on the sale of materials by Summit and that the amount due and owing under..."