1.2
Additional Fees
Insurance Quality
Number of Destinations

I booked a trip to Cancun, Mexico about half a year ago for me and a friend. Its not until July, so 4 months from now.

Well turns out my friend wont be able to make it on the trip. I called bookit.com's agents and they tell me that I can not get a refund from the plane ticket, which is absolutely fine, however I did not wish to cancel it, I wanted to switch the name of the person going with me on the trip to another person who is able to accompany me so that I can at least still find use for the money I paid. Agent stated I can't change the name on the ticket either, so what am I suppose to do? Let you guys keep $400?

Completely unreasonable. I paid over $2,000.00 for this trip, I need either a refund or for the name to be changed on my companions ticket.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bookit Flight Booking.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Monetary Loss: $2029.

Preferred solution: I would like either a refund or just to be able to change the name on my companion's flight ticket..

I didn't like: Not being able to change the name on a fight ticket i purchased.

Comments

h.kitchener

Your original idea of doing it the simple way no longer applies in this brave new world of governmental regulation---all for your own good of course. Take the advice of Anonymous below. It is your only option.

You wouldn't get that from an airline either. You are going after payment from the wrong place.

Your friend needs to pay you for the ticket.

It belongs to them now. Then they can try to switch dates, usually for a fee, and use it somewhere else.