I am extremely disappointed in my experience with BookIt.com!!! I booked a trip (flight and all-inclusive hotel) 9 1/2 months in advance; only to have BookIt.com change the resort and DOWNGRADE our room one week prior to travel!

We had booked a suite and were downgraded to a studio room at an entirely different resort than originally booked. To highlight just a few of the things in the room we had originally booked, but were not in the room BookIt.com moved us: Balcony or terrace, Integrated lounge area with 2 steps between levels, with sofa or sofa bed; unobstructed ocean view - there was a tree right outside the window; More spacious room; Bathroom with hydromassage bathtub; Ceiling fan; Minibar; Liquor dispenser.

BookIt.com argued with me, repeatedly stating the rooms were comparable. I have never heard of a company downgrading a customer’s original reservation, especially when the reason for the last-minute switch is due to that company’s “internal issues” - this is the reason BookIt.com provided for the switch.

I spoke with an Operation Support Analyst about our room swap and am highly dissatisfied with the response I received. At first, I was told BookIt.com would not be offering a refund or a credit. I asked for management contact. After being put on hold for 10-15 minutes, the same gal came back on the line to tell me her manager was on a call with another customer, but said BookIt.com was prepared to offer: $50 towards one future BookIt.com travel, to be used within one calendar year of the date of issuance. Upon declining this offer, she said the manager would not be able to speak with me that same day, but assured me the manager would most definitely call tomorrow. It has been more than 24 hours and I have not heard from a manager at BookIt.com.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bookit Vacation Package Booking.

Bookit Cons: Paying more to try to find a comparable room, Fraudulant, Last-minute change to different resort, Downgraded from suite to studio room, Service.

• Reservation Issues