We booked our dream vacation with bookit.com for a vacation to Playa Del Carmen, Mexico for Sept.10-15 2017. We have been saving for this vacation for a long time.

We finally decided it was time to book. We booked and paid bookit the total amount by Visa on 7/31/2017. We were ready to go! Hurricane Irma came and there were no flights to Playa.

Our flights were set up on Spirit Airlines to leave from Atlanta to Ft. Lauderdale Fl. Then on to Playa Del Carmen. spirit ver graciously refunded our money because there was no way we could get there because of the hurricane.

We contacted bookit to let them know that our flight was cancelled. They was supposed to cancel our resort. We were on the phone with bookit on 9/08 9/09, 9/12, 9/15 to try to resolve this and get a refund. We were on HOLD or on the phone with bookit for a total of approximately 8 hours total with no results.

We had to disputed the charges on VISA to get any money back. Then they kept $405.83 of our money. I just got the remainder of my money back today. There was no way we could possibly get to Cancun.

There were NO flights. The flights were booked thru bookit also. I think this is totally unfair. We didn't change our minds about going, circumstances did.

Because we could not get our money back until today Nov. 22, 2017. We were unable to rebook a vacation at all. This has been very stressful and disappointing.

Service and dependability with bookit is nonexistent. Gordon Rowe, Cleveland, TN.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bookit Vacation Package Booking.

I didn't like: Service.

Comments

Gordon, my friend, I'm afraid you've expected too much from a third party player.

I do not understand the need for such organizations as Bookit.com when I've handled all of my own arrangements for over 4 decades.

They sure as heck don't take responsibility for the weather.

Advice : stop wasting time on the telephone.

Claims like this must be handled in writing and sent via Certified Mail return receipt requested to establish a positive timeline and provide a legally sound grounds for complaint and reimbursement.

They're going to act just like an insurance company : delay, deny, document.