I have recently booked a hotel stay through BookIt.com and made the mistake to not print the booking id at the end of the transaction, assuming that I would get it in the email (they do request your email address) - as all other travel sites do. The confirmation didn't come and after a few days I assumed my transaction did not go through and made a second booking.

When I still did not receive an email confirmation, I contacted them online - to no avail - and then called their toll free customer service number. After being repeatedly placed on hold, the argumentative and clearly non-sympathetic customer service rep informed me that it was all my fault and that I should know that the duplicate booking cannot be cancelled and is non-refundable.

This was the first and last time that I've used BookIt.com. My past experiences with Expedia and Travelocity and Orbitz have been good - but BookIt.com has been nothing but an exercise in frustration. My son and I were looking forward to this trip, but losing money has changed our perspective.

Stay away from them!

Comments

Slevin, the situation you described sounds like your fault completely! Stop trying to blame others for YOUR mistake!

I recently used Bookit this past April for Orlando. I booked a Lower rate Clarion Hotel and when we arrived we were told that it was "overbooked" and we were sent to a "sister" hotel about 3-4 miles away.

that "sister" hotel was the upscale Rosen Center! Not bad at all!

I have used BookIt twice and I have never had a problem. They do tell you to print your confirmation for your records. I always did to protect myself.