Natick, Massachusetts
1.1
Additional Fees

My husband and I were on our way to Costa Rica during April vacation 2015. We arrive at the United counter in plenty of time to make our flight only to find out that our 12:55 flight had been changed to 12:05 months earlier.

We were never notified by Bookit that the flights had been changed. In fact, I called several days prior to our departure date to check the flight and hotel status with a Bookit agent and was informed that nothing on our existing reservation had changed. We then tried to get a hold of a customer service agent from the airport; we were on hold for about 30 minutes. When we finally got in touch with a service rep, Jason Ellis, he told us "What are you worried about?

I am looking at your booking and itinerary- your flight doesn't leave until 12:55. You've got plenty of time to make it." Meanwhile we are at the airport and there IS NO FLIGHT AT 12:55. We got disconnected and he never called back. We returned home and called again only to wait another 30 minutes to hear a live voice.

The customer service person whom I spoke to swore they had sent several emails informing us that the flight had changed; however, I went back to September 2014, and checked both my inbox, junk and deleted folders and found nothing from Bookit except advertising specials. They refused to acknowledge they were negligent and will not refund us the time and expense we lost. Bookit is unable to communicate with the resort they booked for us, so we do not even know if and when we arrive in Costa Rica that a room even exists for us. They refuse to give us the email or contact number of the resort itself.

They are ineffective and indifferent regarding customer satisfaction and customer assistance. My advice is NEVER USE BOOKIT FOR ANY VACATION BOOKINGS.

I didn't like: Service, Help, Ability, Communication.

Comments