If anyone is thinking of using BookIt.com to book a holiday, I'd rethink using their website. My credit card was charged (instantaneously) $300 more than the 'grand total' (inc taxes) quoted on check out.

I booked a Vegas flight and hotel package, their 'deal of the day' for $1245 for 2 people. All was peachy until I received the confirmation email stating I had been billed $1545! Their customer service reps have repeatedly promised to sort out the issue but 3 weeks later and I'm still waiting for a resolution. I first was told over the phone that 'it was still a good deal' and then when I was disinclined to agree, was transferred though to a supervisor who assured me they would look into it and get back in touch with me.

I heard nothing for 2 and a half weeks so I emailed and received a reply stating that someone would get back to me in 72 hours. 5 days went by and nothing, and no responses to further emails I sent were forthcoming. I found Bookit.com on Facebook and left a public message outlining my dissatisfaction and the person(s) manning it promised they would 'personally' deal with it. 4 days later and STILL nothing.

The old adage 'If it seems to good to be true, it probably is' seems pretty fitting right now. Next time we'll stick to Expedia who, incidentally, are offering the same package for $100 less than what we ended up paying anyway.

My credit card issuer is currently looking into the matter, I don't know how successful they will be, but I don't feel Bookit.com are going to be of any assistance at this point. Live and learn I suppose.

Comments

I am currently going through something similar. Not to the tune of $300, but was overcharged.

They have the worst customer service I have ever dealth with. Interesting that I also posted something on facebook and was notified by someone that "personally" would resolve this issue. I am not holding my breath at this point.

Did your issue ever get resolved? Also, did you end up going on the trip...if yes, was everything ok upon arrival?

ya we had a similiar experience....we should of run!!!