Panama City, Florida

Complaint Description:

My Hotel vacation was cancelled. Company has not refunded /credited account after 20 days per their cancellation policy. I purchased a hotel vacation for $1,246.96 at BOOKIT.com on February 4, 2014.

I used billmelater.com to pay for the bill. It posted to my Bill Me Later account. On February 13, 2014, my husband passed away I cancelled the hotel on February 14, 2014. I called the company and they said it was credited.

After the 3rd call to customer service regarding my refund, I was informed it will take 15-20 business days to credit. The 4th call on March 10th, I was told they will submit information to accounting service to see why the money was not refunded to Bill Me Later. I was also told that it was a Bill me Later issue, because they issued a refund o February 14, 2014. Bill Me Later stated they have not received information to credit the account.

The 5th call on March 14, 2014, exactly thirty days since cancellation, the Bill Me Later account is still not credited. It was exactly 20 billing days per there refund policy. I called Bookit.com. The customer service representative stated, although a refund was issued on February 14, 2014, the correct forms to release the money from Bill Me Later was not issued. Therefore, they will submit " release form" and that it may take another 15-20 days to receive the refund. Bill Me Later said to file a billing dispute.

Comments