Seattle, Washington
Additional Fees
Insurance Quality
Number of Destinations

I travel often, and bookit.com was BY FAR THE WORST experience I have ever had trying to book a trip. I typically book through some of the better-known travel sites, but bookit had a discount promotion going on for my trip type so I gave it a try. I was trying to book a flight plus hotel package trip for vacation, and when I submitted the payment and order, an error message came back saying that the flight was booked but there was an error with the hotel and that part was not booked. It provided a number to call. I called immediately.

The person I talked to on the phone said that it looks like neither the flight or hotel was booked somehow, even though I was looking at a message from bookit.com saying the flight was booked and there was an error with the hotel part of the booking. I went to go book it again on the website while on the phone and received another error, then I couldn't find the same flight online. The person on the phone said the flight was available, and she can book me on the same trip, but the pricing she was receiving was about $90 more than the same exact trip I submitted payment for a few minutes prior when it allegedly partially booked and then didn't. I was annoyed, but wanted the experience to be over with so I told her to book it. I wish it ended there but it didn't.

She quoted me the new total (around $2800), and asked permission to charge. Then, when she submitted, she said that she got a different error. Somehow the flight was booked but not the hotel on this new reservation. When she went to go process the hotel reservation again, she said that the cost was actually going to be more expensive, AGAIN, than the amount she just quoted me when asking permission to charge me for the trip. The person on the phone said that there was nothing she could do about it and that it is what it is. I was trying to book specific flight and hotel because I am flying out with another person that booked separately, so I just paid it. The trip that I originally booked through their website at about $2700 ended up costing me about $2900 instead. Thanks bookit.com. No one I know will ever book on your site again

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Bookit Cons: Service, Ability, Integrity, Website functionality.

Comments