Glenmoore, Pennsylvania
Number of Destinations

Update by user Jun 06, 2016

bookit reservation number 38608956

Original review posted by user Jun 03, 2016

I booked a trip through Bookit.com in january for my 25th anniversary in may. Thought it was a great deal.

When I went to print out the boarding passes the night before the trip, I was told the airline had changed my flight. Spent hours on the phone trying to rectify the problem, and had to put out more money to catch a different flight. I was told that Frontied airline sent an email out to me in february. I never received it and when I asked for proof , they could not proved it.

Was also told a phone cal was made but also they could not provide that either. I would have never agreed the any changes as the hotel and shuttle dates would not jive up with the original booking. We made the trip and it was great but am now out more money than the original booking. Tried to get reimbursed or at least a credit for future booking.

No luck. Don't use this service, they do not stand behind their reservations.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bookit Vacation Package Booking.

Bookit Cons: Integrity, Paying more to try to find a comparable room.

Comments

No, the issue was never resolved. as far as they were concerned we were able to book another flight and pay more out of pocket to do so but made it to our destination.

as a travel agency they should have been reputable and honored the original booked price through them. It was a hassle as well to get a flight the night before and pay the higher price

In the terms on the site it does lay out out that it is the guest's responsibility to regularly check their flight status for any possible schedule changes. Anyone that has traveled a lot will tell you airline's can change/cancel/move flights as they see fit.

Any email a travel site receives about an updated schedule change will be sent to the customer's email.

Instead of blaming bookit.com for your flights changing take some responsibility that you did not check on your flights status and take it as an expensive lesson. PAY ATTENTION to all terms and conditions and understand the travel agency wants you to have the best experience possible and did not change your flights!