Bávaro, La Altagracia Province

We had 4 days at the Majestic Colonial resort booked through booking.com.We left on the last day covered in painful bites, and as soon as we checked into our next hotel, we found our bags crawling with bugs.

We instantly called the Majestic to complain, and spent the next 5 days of our vacation calling the hotel and steam cleaning our things. We lost several clothing items, luggage, etc. due to the bugs, and the hotel continued to give us fake email addresses to contact the management. We couldn't contact booking.com since we were out of the country and the internet connections were bad, but as soon as we returned to the US, we contacted them.

After about 20 hours of phone calls, and a complaint to the BBB, and after booking.com telling us they could reimburse us for the stay, they only ended up offering $150 in compensation, which didn't even cover the cost of the luggage we had to throw away. We took plenty of pictures of what were very clearly bed bugs, all time-stamped to the day of our checkout, and booking had the nerve to tell us they thought they were mosquitos.

They also told us they are independent and make no guarantees about the quality of their rooms.They put our entire family in harm's way, and we are still covered with scars and having nightmares.

Review about: Booking Hotel Reservation.

I didn't like: Reckless disregard for our safety, Terrible customer service, Liars.

Number of Destinations
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Booking?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.