New York, New York

Run out the door.You have got to see my astronomical bill from the 55th street hospital.

Related: Bluepearl Veterinary Partners - Absolutely THE BEST. Referred by regular vet to explore possible tumor. So glad I came.

I did not have the cash so, they give me this credit card with a $5,000 credit. I have to say I feel like I am the victim of PREDITOR LENDING bcuz after 6 mos. It jumps to 26% APR. At first I was quoted $2,000, then I was approved for this credit card for 5,000 and at that point I knew, they were going to charge me around $5,000.

Sure nuff.. They stress the emergency and surgery must be done immediately. You can tell everyone is fully trained on what to say, like super friendly robots. So..

My 3 yr. old cat had a piece of rubber from a toy stuck in her stomach/intestines and had to have it removed. It took 1 hour to 1hr. 30 minutes from the time I left my cat at the hospital for surgery until the surgery was completed.

Not long after I left the ultrasound was done, they informed me of the blockage. I felt pressured so I told them to proceed with the surgery. I received a call that my cat was waking up from the surgery and doing fine approximately 45 minutes later after I told them to proceed with surgery. Note, the actually surgery cost $888.50; the ultrasound cost $521.50.

Why is my bill $4,770 ? See actual bill in photo section. I’ve had cats all my life and am only experienced with feline cancer surgeries. This was a simple popcorn procedure.

Judge for yourselves, I’m posting my actual invoice.

My advice, got to a regular neighborhood animal hospital.They are for rich people only, they clearly over charge.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss preditor lending / $3500
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Bluepearl Veterinary Partners?

Comments

Forest Hills, New York, United States #1241291

BluePearl overcharges and the have been bought my Banfield another mill. They play on your emotions.

Paradise Valley, Arizona, United States #1224550

Surgery is expensive.Did your cat do ok??

If so, count your blessings and move on.

Obviously they would have kept the cat until it was stable.

Maybe that's where the charges are.

Besides, I would think you'd be happy that they did an emergency surgery right away.