On March 28, 2008 a Blue World Pools Salesman came to our house in a attempt to sell us an above ground pool, and an expensive one at that. The Pool they had advertised was a 15x24 above ground pool for $399.(Their chepo and most undesirable )Their upgrade, a 15 by 24 began at over $25,000, with all of their frills and guarantees.Blue World began lowering their offer,as we kept saying no.

Finally after numerious "Nos" the salesman would make a call each time back to the office and his boss (Mike) would get on the phone stating another lower offer, pressuring us to buy, that was the special for that day only.The last offer was for $10,455 which was "at cost".After 5 hours of being pressured, and the salesman always calling the boss (Mike) when we said no, and it would start all over again him trying to convince we needed to buy. So we decided to do it. The salesman drew up the contract explaining we had 3 days to cancel. If we bought a pool from them they could take our land from us, as there was a lien on our property, (For a stinking above ground swiming pool) I felt uncomfortable, the guy didn't know a whole lot about pools, plus when I logged onto the net,afterward, looking for information about Blue World Pools, 3 items down in the search were stories about Blue World Pools "A Scam" "Rip Off" crooks who would not even pay their employees.

Stories from an ex-employee who said he did not get paid anything for working for them so he quit. Said customers were tricked into signing contracts, not know what % the interest would be for financing,and it was almost impossible to cancel a contract, because it required a phone returned back to the customer telling the procedure for cancelling. The contract said at the bottom that it had to be cancelled by letter (To the home office in Nevada)or telegraph. Since there is no telegraph office anywhere a telegraph could not been sent.

A customer can call and call being hooked up with ext. 4 and Allen's voice mail promising a call back, which never comes. After a couple of days of trying to talk to somebody about the contract,and where to mail the letter, and will it becounted if it is postmarked within 3 business days,but always being transferred to voicemail the 3 day recession period has passed and now the company wants 30% of the pool cost to cancel, since the letter didn't reach them before the 3 day grace period. This same thing happened to us, except after 8 phone calls in the am hours of March 31, being put thru to Allen's voice mail 8 times, and being suspicious due to the info on the net, & still not receiving a call back, I put a stop payment on my $1000.00 check I had given as down payment.

I also typed up a letter of cancellation on March 31, faxed Blue World Pools a Copy, but also Expressed mail to them to get it the next morning, it was postmarked at 1:00 pm on 3/31. At 4:30 on 3/31 I once again tried to call dialing for ext. 8 (which seems to be the executive side of their building) got Mike, told him that I could not get any of his employees to return a phone call to me, and he transferred me to ext. 4 which then I was told that Allen was on the phone and would call me back in 30 minutes.

Here it is 12 days later and I am still waiting. But I did get the upper hand, I stopped payment, expressed the cancellation letter to them, and faxed a copy as well. Even then the check, that was stopped payment was still cashed by them at their bank, and cleared my bank in a deposit on April 4th. I called last Monday, April 7th, getting the run around from 2 men at extension 8, once again being transferred to Allen's voicemail.

I called straight back and asked if our contract had been cancelled, Kathleen there said it had. I told her that they had cashed a check even being notified that the contract was cancelled, instead of sending it back to me. She said they would refund me the money back, but I told her my bank had already sent it back to them, that it was of no value. I agree with the other customers that this pool company makes it almost impossible to cancel a contract, and tries to get your money.

One of the other poor souls was still fighting trying to get his down payment back. My bank helped me but it cost $36 stop payment fee.

Guess I got lucky, I have learned my lession.If looking to purchase a big item from a company on the net ...CHECK IT OUT first....And don't trust Blue World Pools!!!!!

Comments

They are a Nevada corp. and almost impossible to sue.

Don't trust any company that is listed as a Nevada corp.

I know because I worked for them in sales. I quit in a week when I relised they cheat everybody including the people who work for them.

JHolder
Weber City, Virginia, United States #20530

Well here goes.. The salesman already came out I got the wonderful call about the great free upgrade I will be getting but the installers have not showed up yet?

Can anyone give me any advice??? preston.jenniferholder at yahoo dot com please contact me ASAP!

Layton, Utah, United States #10174

What I don't understand is how these crooks can continue ripping people off. They only do business in the south, with that said, they think everyone in the south is ***.

We called to set up an appointment and before we met with them I checked out the company on the net.

Guess what we canceled the appointment, even doing this they continued to call until I gave them the huge blasting on the phone.

So see Blue World Pools not everyone in the south is ***! I bought a pool from a local dealer and on April 14th and its up ready to go, just waiting on the warm weather now.

We paid $2800 for everything! Thats with a Polairis 65 automatic pool cleaner, deck ladder, automatic clorinator, pool startup kit - net- hand vac, h2o tester and a summers worth of chemicals, and installation! Pool size is 18' x 54"! with 30 year warranty on pool walls and 5 year on liner and pump!

DONT GET SCAMMED READ FIRST!! On any purchase you make for your home! You can never go wrong checking a companies background! And best of all its... free!

I truly feel for the ones who have been ripped off! I wish the best of luck getting it worked out!

I hope someone will put these Scam artist in their place!

Seagoville, Texas, United States #9999

I need the information on where you cancled and the procedure. I bought this same pool for the same amount of money on Friday and I am worried.

I thought this was great. What happened?? I can't belive we got scamed. Can you help I have until tommorow to cancel by express mail.

Since they concsider Sat a business day. PLEASE HELP

Quanah, Texas, United States #9956

My daughter met with the salesman from Blue World. She is Kim.

I am so glad she and her husband didn't buy from them. I also was thinking of buying a pool from this company.

Not any more. Thanks for the information folks.

Onalaska, Texas, United States #9906

I want to thank you for writing this article. I had just met with a salesman not 15 minutes before reading this and the sales pitch went EXACTLY like this.

He even would call his boss "Mike" each time the price would drop and this Mike person was so pushy and rude, HE made me want to say no immediately. I got them talked down to $8,000, but honestly if you go to any show room locally you can get the exact same pool from a reputable company for much less.

Georgetown, Texas, United States #9548

thank you....its getting warm and i thought i wanted to get a pool from here thanks again