365 views
Junior Reviewer

Holly and Sean Maxwell are not your run of the mill breeders. They BUY Champions to make themselves LOOK good.

They show a few dogs, to further make them LOOK good. Their prices are outrageous. But if the few people who buy the dogs, are that uneducated, well, then they SHOULD be ripped off ! Just because a dog is expensive does not make the dog better !

Holly Maxwell has way too many dogs to "properly" give each and every dog the attention they deserve. My question is "why" do they feel the "need" to have this many dogs ??? Some people say they are a Puppy Mill. But a Puppy Mill is way different.

"Quantity" does not make you that. It is the way they are kept and treated. I am pretty sure they take care of them. They have been breeding Chihuahuas about 3 years, although they say much longer.

Again, to make them LOOK good. They say they do not have a "kennel" and that they live inside their house with them. OMG ! What could that be like ?

I would like to see them sell their dogs for a reasonable amount. $1500. to $2000. is reasonable for the quality they put out.

Not $4500 and up ! I have heard that they believe, because they have champions (that they bought), they can get higher prices. I know a few breeders that have champions and they do not sell their dogs for these prices. Is it the people that have the "need" to tell their friends, "I paid $3500.

for my dog", the ones that are buying them ?

You know there are people out there that HAVE to do this. Guess these are the ones Holly Maxwell preys on

Location: Toms River, New Jersey

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

Guest

I LOVE HOLLY'S CHIHUAHUA'S. There!

I said it and I mean it. I purchased a female, long coated Chi from Holly in Feb. 2010 (long coated) We didn't want our puppy to be put on a plane, so we drove to her home to pick up our puppy. True, her prices were high, but our puppy is the sweetest, most adorable, beautiful brindle & white Chi...ever!

Just as Holly had said she'd be. Although she's about one pound over her expected weight (can't always tell until they are older) her head is exactly like her Champion father RIO and her nose (short, as promised) ears (errect and short) and just an amazing temperment! Our puppy Ria turned out to be exactly what we wanted!! We went to their home.

We were treated to some wine & cheeses. Got a "Grand-Tour" of her home. Saw many of her Champions having "full-run" of her home (to our delight) and their house had much love in it. Again, their prices are high, but she speaks to me whenever I call her, for as long as I need her, and she emailed me often to make sure my puppy was doing well.

Even now (2 yrs. later) I can still email her or call when needed. This family is 100% caring about their pets. "In it for the money"....this is her business and yes, she does profit from it but her Chi's are extremely healthy and well cared for and SPECIAL.

She "show's" her dogs to better the breeding lines and that is what you are paying for!

You can buy a Chi in a pet store and pay less, and never know where your pup came from and who the parents are, OR, you can buy from a "reputable breeder" and know they are well cared for and most of the time, healthy. I would gladly take another pup from Holly, any day of the year!!

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-537877

I know this is Shea, the daughter, writing this. Btw it’s wine & cheese, ***

Guest

Reports from persons who wish to conceal thier identity are suspicious, at best.

Guest

Yes, I totally agreed with you "Fake report" I bought my 1st puppy from Holly and when i took him to Vet, the Vet told me he's 100% healthy. Holly is 1 of the breeder who care about her puppies like her children.

After 3 years,which is now I bought another female puppy from her and shes healthy too.

And being a Show Breeder is her hobby and she did very good job training them. None of her puppy have bad behavior, they all well trained.

Guest

www.AKC-Chihuahuas.com .....you forgot there is a hyphen.

Guest

This is so TRUE about big breeders!!! Quanity is all they are concerned with not QUALITY..how much quality can you have have when you have so many chihuahua.

wake up buyers research as to where you are buying your puppy. You will end up in a nightmare with your puppy.

Guest

I know of Holly and this report is false. It is written by a jealous breeder who lives in the same state as Holly. The breeder who wrote it is jealous because Holly has high quality Champion Chihuahuas.

www.akcchihuahuas.com has also been posting false reports on other breeders they are in competition with.