Hello there, I had an unpleasant experience buying my car at BLOK AUTO Charity Auction which I would like to share and hope it would be helpful to anyone.I came to Los Angeles few days ahead of describing encounter with Blok Auto.

Checked internet, found some nice suitable vehicle and went straight ahead to have a look at it, I arrived pretty late at salon that day right before closing hours and wasn’t able to make a purchase, as you cannot pay cash immediately at the place, but have to transfer your money to “money orders” through the post, which was already impossible due to time sufficiency. This uncomfortable situation however didn’t scare me and I came all the way next day straight in the morning to complete buying the car, what took me by surprise that the morning crew which worked there where offering me to buy a car by a different price than on the original buying day. Quite interestingly that it was a 500 hundred smaller price, i would be *** to complain about their fluctuating price policy cause I got a chance to get a 500 dollar cheaper car. In a day light we found us not satisfied with chosen car and went to look for a different, from there we got offered assistance of a very nice gentlemen from the crew who put down price for us.

Seemingly helpful he wasn’t being able to answer any questions about vehicles and his roll of an assistance on a real side went down to only translating signs on the windshields of a cars and was worth basically zero, I assume we already passed the period of aggressive sells, but seriously guy was like really seemed indifferent. But there it started, and we witnessed new age of manipulative sells. When we chose the car since we are new to this area Robert kindly informed us that we must promptly insure the car before taking it from property as it he said was illegal to drive the car without it and provided a business card of his friend insurance manager. We really were thankful at that moment not completely realizing what’s going on.

As company doesn’t provide test drive Robert promised in the beginning of a deal that we would purchase two days return warranty for two hundred bucks and would be able to drive around and check it out and have an opportunity of returning vehicle in case of any inconvenience. However obvious it appears to me now, but being in a exuberant state of mind during my first car purchasing, we didn’t quite realize whole controversy of his advises, that we need to insure the car before taking it for a test driver, and then returning it in two days window. It was just a top of an iceberg. We went to the insurance company, it was few blocks away from dealership and got in the dim lit dirty old and frankly trashed with loads of waste, which was shaking from side to side by a wind coming through the open door.

Fred – insurance guy at GENERAL INSURANCE was professional in his job and by his job I mean to sell us insurance no matter of what. Unfamiliared to local customs we passionately went an hour and a half of excruciating waiting of a price estimation. That was a standard procedure convinced us Fred with his sweet voice and friendly attitude, meanwhile staring in his computer and probably just playing cards. Obviously after such a long waiting we were psychologically exhausted so no matter of the price we purchased insurance, while Fred kept repeating that it would be last time that we would have to go through it in ages.

Closing the deal Fred offered us immediately reregister the vehicle to our name since we got an insurance already, he was waving a year long paperless drive in front of our face and rushed us to purchase another hour lasting procedure DMV registration. Entirely worn out we came back to pick up the car, Robert assured us that he drove car a little by himself and it all looks very fine and we would be very happy with the vehicle. Looking in Robert warm eyes i remembered how he told us in the beginning of the deal that he had no commission and so on no interest in the deal, I gave him a tight hand shake and fifty bucks, as a thank for a insurance tip. After that he left my sight and already was unreachable, as he conveniently left for lunch for next two hours.

Exited we were exactly 5 minutes, because as soon as we drove the car we felt all screeching noises and hits of a transmission, beside which the wheel was striving to the right, which was extremely hard to control and quite dangerous frankly. Here all our troubles didn’t finished, after one day condition stopped working because all liquid liked from it, battery died overnight and overall after we brought car to repair service it appeared that generator belt wasn’t appropriately changed ever and a car had 150 miles, which could lead to complete car death any second and intensely worn out tires. In the city without a home in already third day we were facing a 1000 dollar car bill, after freshly spent 5k for purchasing this car. However I fully see our responsibility as adults for risking to purchase old vehicle without test drive, base our choice on a trust to a random person.

But as we were naïve new comers to this city I would like to warn others not to be victims which feed pockets of BLOK auto pockets and elaborate plans of its manipulative workers.I heard Los Angeles is a city of great actors, but I never thought that the best of them I would meet in Blok Auto dealership, and the funny thing is, in the end I called insurance company to check the my plan, and it turned out the cost isn’t even 50 percent of what I paid to the insurance guy be recommendation of BLOK AUTO, as a long time established partnership, well, now I see why.

Review about: Mitsubishi Galant 1998.

I didn't like: Bad quality cars.

1.3
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate
PRODUCT OR SERVICE 1998 Mitsubishi Galant Car
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Blok Auto?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.