Thank goodness I read my email. Here's the gem I found:

Related: Blair - VIP is a major rip off

"As a reminder, the first 30 days of your membership have been made available to you for the low cost of $1.99. After your trial, your membership will automatically continue for just $14.97 a month, and will be charged to the credit card you authorized when you enrolled. If you decide not to continue your membership after your 30-day trial, simply log onto BlairVIPPlus.com or call 888-288-7708 to cancel. Of course, there’s no obligation to continue. You can cancel at any time if you’re not completely satisfied, and there will be no future charges. For more information, please see our Terms of Use at BlairVIPPlus.com."

To be reminded of something, I would have had to have been told in the first place. I did not sign up for a membership. This is a scam. The links provided do not send you to the Blair vip website. In the photo, please note the period at the beginning of the web address which invalidates it. In order to get to the proper website to cancel, you must search for it and then login using the password they assign you, rather than the password you created for the regular Blair website.

Shame on you, Blair!

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Other / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Blair?

Comments

Portland, Oregon, United States #1150476

Total scam! Same thing happened to me when I ordered some clothes for my Mom.

rollo2016

Auto billing after a "trial" period or from receipt of "samples" is now common with many, many companies.Is it a scam?

Yes, in a way as they rely on people not taking the time to fully read the terms and conditions when they sign up for things like your $1.99 trial. Somewhere, before you clicked on the button to agree they told you what would happen subsequently. You didn't see it. At least, they were kind enough to remind you of the trial period and the fact they were going to charge you.

Most companies don't and just bill your card.

At least, you used a credit card and not a debit card like some dummies do.But, bottom line: your fault for not fully reading what you were agreeing to in the first place.