Birch Communications - Billing for warranty replacement stating phone was tampered when it was not

110 of 238 Birch Communications reviews

Birch stated I failed to return a warranty replacement and charged me $549 for a new phone.It was part of a long saga beginning with an iPhone that broke while I was with CBEYOND.

Birch bought CBEYOND and I dealt with CBEYOND on this issue. It took over 5 weeks to get a new phone and over 25 calls because Birch would not ship phones because they were merging warehouses. I never signed any new documentation with Birch or CBEYOND nor was I requested to return anything. 3 months after I finally got my new phone Birch billed me $549 stating I did not return the old phone.

I stated the replacement was processed by CBEYOND and I was never asked to send phone back.

I eventually had to mail BIRCH my broken phone at my own expense. Now they are claiming the phone was tampered with and they are still charging me.

I took extensive pictures to proove the phone was not damaged other than the material defect (home button did not work).I am

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Replacement Policy
Review category
Telecommunications
review #609002

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Birch Communications? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
110 of 238 Birch Communications reviews

Mar 23, 2015 #962376

They agreed to take back the replacement IF I had the original box, paperwork, etc. (who saves the box after 4 months?h. I believe they will claim this phone looked used it I missed some thing when mailing it back. I have photos showing the phone was not damaged. Any opposing claims I feel were false and made up by Birch. I haven now complained to the FCC.

1 0 Reply
Cbeyond

Mar 17, 2015 #959637

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and would like to investigate these concerns immediately.
Please send us an email urgently at cassandra.gulia@birch.com with your account information, and we will have a member of our team reach out to you as a matter of urgency.
Birch

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.