Please beware if you are planning to purchase anything from this seller.This website is not up to par of 2015 online shopping which I do almost 90% of all my shopping for myself, my kids and gifts to others.
Anyway, I have an upcoming trip to Hawaii for my niece wedding next March 2016 and was shopping for a bathing suit. My girlfriend showed me what she bought at Nordstrom Vitamin A 'Neutra' One-Piece Swimsuit for $180 which I thought was sexy/classy and high quality that would hug to my body. Of course, I didn't want to be rude and try hers on and was thinking to go to Nordstrom. Having 2 kids I didn't have a chance to make it to the store to try it on and assumed that it's returnable with it being a swimsuit and nowadays most merchants are flexible, the strictest policy I've seen was 14 days.
The sites I shop most is Neiman Marcus which I know the quality of the brand names and the return policy is so flexible as Nordstrom. I've also a frequent shopper at Bebe, ShopBop and other high end stores. Anyhow, I purchase this swimsuit and the quality was not the same, not as thick and wrinkly like a returned item from previous customer when it was regular price. I immediately call the seller to find out how I could return it and was told it is NOT returnable since it is a SALE item and it's FINAL sale.
This is the first time I bought from this merchant and had assumed same quality and didn't intend to return and failed to look up their return policy. I'm just so use to having the Final sale items marked in red "FINAL SALE" next to the price of the item where you could NOT miss it. I think it is bad business practice, because it doesn't take much to put a fine print on the sale item, especially near the price of the item where shopper would not miss it and aware that they could not return if purchased. After all, a successful business would want a happy customer to return to the site to buy other items and to refer their friends and families.
However, this merchant just coldly told me that it is a sale item and you cannot return it. Then she walked me to the policy where it states all sale items are final sale. Why wouldn't they want to make an effort to let the buyers aware of this before purchase the item, instead my invoice I see a HUGE 18-20 font size in RED FINAL SALE! Had I known that I wouldn't purchase the swimsuit until after I try it on at the store.
So to say, it seems like this merchant skip the step to add the fine print on the sale item before you click the Place Order and stuck with the item even it doesn't fit you properly or it is not the quality that you expected. No wonder it's like 50% off, because I paid $100 for it but I wouldn't want to pay even $20 if I'm uncertain on quality or whether it would look good on me. On top of that, I would definitely not purchase a swimsuit ONLINE without trying it on and from a merchant with a strict policy. STAY AWAY FROM THIS MERCHANT.
The phrase, you get what you paid for applies here and I learned it the hard way. :-( I wouldn't want any other buyers to go through what I went, very upsetting and feel cheated! I will definitely report to better business bureau about this merchant.
I'm certain that this company won't last long and will eventually go out of business or get sue because of their business practice is UNETHICAL! They can only cheat each customer one time and lose the customer for life and the powerful marketing as WORD OF MOUTH will spread faster than they could sell.
I really learned my lesson the hard way the low prices they offered, perhaps, the items have defects, returns from the high end merchants like Saks, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom,etc.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Business practice seems like a scam
- Not shopper-friendly at all not being clear on their policy
- Making buyers feel trapped not aware items are not returnable
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Vitamin A Swimwear
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
You May Also Like
- "I received a "guarantee card" for an iPad mini in the store from an employee who had an entire cart full of iPads. I asked her if I could have..."
- "I have a Kenmore water heater from Sears with a 12 year warranty. The warranty states, "Sears will 1) provide free water heater parts for those that are defective in..."
- "Terrible place to purchase from. We bought a 60 inch plasma television ($1350) and on the receipt that we sign when we paid with our credit card they have a..."
- "I want to file a serious complaint against the Black Ibex travel company. I have photographs and emails to prove what I am going to tell you. Dates..."
- "I ordered 1ea tee shirt and 2ea hoodies. The ink on one of the logos was so faint that the fabric could be seen coming though. I sent them photos..."
- "All of the sudden the sole of my left Wolverine Work Boot sole is crumbling away. The right side is in great shape but for some weird reason the left..."
- "I have recently purchased 128GB "FASTER" brand memory cards, 8 in total, over 4 separate orders @ a cost of $17.99 ea. The problem is that ALL of these memory..."
- "Kuester has been letting Terra Green Landscaping on Concord, NC, run in and out of the property, circle the property, blow leaves directly into the cars, etc. etc. The BBB..."
- "I love Twinkies I have from the beginning, But I just bought a box of them and they are half the size as they were. They were almost flat I..."