Irvine, California

There are a torrent of consumer complaints on the internet about this company. RECALL BELOW

If you may file a complaint with the Consumer Complaint Agencies below:

Make : BESTOP

Model : REAR SHELL ROOF RACK

Build Dates : APR 27, 2004 - MAY 20, 2004

Manufacturer : BESTOP, INC.

Mfr's Report Date : MAY 28, 2004

NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 04E041000 NHTSA Action Number: N/A

Component: EQUIPMENT

Potential Number Of Units Affected : 80

Summary:

BESTOP AFTERMARKET REAR SHELL ROOF RACKS,MANUFACTURED BETWEEN APRIL 27 AND MAY 20, 2004, DESIGNED FOR USE WITH THE BESTOP HARDTOP MADE FOR THE 1986-1995 AND 1997-2003 JEEP WRANGLER. THE COCKPIT COVER MAY NOT STAY LATCHED TO THE ROOF RACK BECAUSE THE LATCH BRACKET MISPOSITIONS THE ROTARY LATCH TO THE COCKPIT COVER. AS A RESULT, THE COCKPIT COVER MAY NOT STAY LATCHED TO THE ROOF RACK AND COULD SEPARATE FROM THE ROOF RACK. THIS RECALL ONLY PERTAINS TO AFTERMARKET REAR SHELL ROOF RACKS AND HAS NO RELATION TO ANY ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT INSTALLED ON JEEP WRANGLER VEHICLES BY DAIMLERCHRYSLER.

Consequence:

SHOULD THIS OCCUR, THE COCKPIT COULD CAUSE INJURY BY STRIKING PERSONS OUTSIDE THE VEHICLE OR COULD BECOME A DISTRACTION OR AN OBSTACLE TO OTHER DRIVERS, POSSIBLY RESULTING IN A VEHICLE CRASH.

Remedy:

BESTOP WILL NOTIFY ITS CUSTOMERS AND PROVIDE A REPAIR KIT AND INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FREE OF CHARGE. OWNER NOTIFICATION BEGAN JUNE 16, 2004. OWNERS WHO DO NOT RECEIVE THE FREE REMEDY WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME SHOULD CONTACT BESTOP CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT AT (800) 845-3567.

Review about: Consumer Complaints.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $600
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Bestop?

Comments

getmykicks

There is no Jeep Wrangler in the picture, this review is 6.5 years old and I am the first person to post on it. Let this die PC!

getmykicks

Since you delay block and severely scrutinize everything I try to post then pay attention to this!

Give me a break!This review is 6.5 years old, not one person ever commented on it until today 2/28/2015.

The complaint is about a roof rack for Jeep Wranglers and the picture is of a Suzuki vehicle that has no roof rack.This is Pissed consumer at its best.

The person that posted this has 19 reviews in total from 6.5 years ago that were never marked as resolved almost all are without comments.