Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

Update by user Jul 06, 2021

This company, Tony, called me after I searched on Home Advisor for a company that would be able to reface my fireplace. Tony told me that he was close by and he came right over to give me a bid.

I gave him a deposit for the fireplace and it was done to my satisfaction within a few days. During this time Tony mentioned that his company did other things such as tile, wood flooring, and fine carpentry. I mentioned that I wanted to have other things done beside the fireplace such as tile installation in the front entryway, carpet removed and replaced with wood flooring and a barn door installed on my front room entry. He said they could do that and I gave him a deposit of $750 for the installation of the barn doors as well as deposits for the tile installation and the wood flooring.

After seeing the shoddy workmanship on the wood flooring and the baseboard, I decided not to have them install the barn doors and told Tony to apply the $750 deposit toward the railings. He now had $2250. The wood floor had to be redone in places because it was all jagged and the installer tried to conceal it with a black magic marker! I had told Tony that I wanted to reuse the baseboard because of the unique design.

The baseboard was almost destroyed and it took me one solid week to do the repairs on it to get it to look decent. I used wood filler on the cracked pieces, pulled out nails that were hanging out, used wood filler to fill the holes that they made, caulked and sanded and repainted the entire baseboard. I also wanted to have a half wall removed from my hallway that needed to be removed before the wood floors were installed and replaced with wrought iron railing along the hallway and down my stairs to the basement. He told me that his father-in-law did wrought iron fabrication and I gave him a deposit of $1500 for the railings.

Tony told me that the railing would be finished in 3-4 weeks. He called me to let me know that the wrought iron was on back order because of the pandemic and I understood. After several weeks, I called Tony to ask him about the railings. He told me that they were done and just needed to be primed and painted.

I went on vacation and Tony told me that the railings would be installed the following week. I left early for my vacation and the installer never showed up. I called Tony and he told me that the installer had been called out of town unexpectedly and Tony would install the railings the following week. I went back on my vacation and again left early to be home for the installation.

Tony called me to let me know that the installation would not happen because the railings were in his father-in-law's backyard and he did not have access to that. After one excuse after another and by now this had gone on for 14-15 weeks, I told Tony that I wanted my deposit of $2250 returned to me so that I could hire another company to fabricate the railings. Tony called me to let me know that "he was writing the check as we spoke" and he would deliver it tomorrow. I told him to bring the check over to my home.

He never showed up. The entire railing fiasco was nothing but a fabrication. I have filed a formal complaint with the Jefferson County Court, Small Claims Division in Golden Colorado and had him served by the Jefferson County Sheriff's Department. I still have not heard from him.

I just want my $2250! I am a 70 year old widow on a fixed income and I saved to have this work done. He has stolen $2250 from me and I want it returned! If this review helps to keep others from going through the frustration and anxiety that I have suffered at the hands of this crook, I will feel as though I have at least warned others and that may give me some peace.

Pedro Antonio Arroyo aka Tony, is a crook! Do business with this company at your own risk!!

Original review updated by user Jul 06, 2021

BUYER BEWARE! AroyoT - The Best Granite Countertops, LLC, stole $2250 for work that was never done.

I was told they fabricated wrought iron railings by Tony, Pedro Antonio Arroyo and I could have the railings within 3-4 weeks. I gave him a deposit for the railings of $2250 and after 14-15 weeks, excuse and sorry excuse, lies and deceit, I told Tony that I wanted my deposit returned to me so I could hire another company.

No deposit! No railings!

User's recommendation: HIRE THIS COMPANY AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

Best Granite Countertop LLC Cons: Lied about the railing being done when it was not.

Comments