I wanted to transfer my Fund Balance over to my new provider, so I called BenefitWallet to receive the exact amount to transfer via check.There were not any recent transactions that would have changed the balance of the account, but I called to make sure I would request a transfer for the correct amount.

The Benefit Wallet rep incorrectly stated the balance by $4, so the check that I wrote for that incorrect balance was rejected. I was charged $25 as a Non-Sufficient Funds Fee by Benefit Wallet. This mistake was because I was told the incorrect amount. I have made some calls, but have already been told the fee has been charged because that is the agreement I agreed to at the opening of my account!

I did not agree to be charged for a mistake on their end.

The whole reason for my call to them in the first place was to make sure there wasn't a mixup in the amount to transfer.I am very disappointed they have not refunded me the $25 NSF fee.

Review about: Benefitwallet Health Savings Account.

I didn't like: Lack of accountability on their part.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $25
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Benefitwallet?

Submit review

Comments

BenefitWalletCCC
Benefitwallet Verified Representative

We apologize if our service has not meet your expectations.Our goal is to provide consistent, reliable service on an exemplary level.

Your feedback regarding your experience is important, if you would like to discuss your fee reimbursement and distribution a BenefitWallet Manager will be available to assist you to resolve your inquiry

Please send your contact information with case number to info@mybenefitwallet.com attn.Director of Operations.

Yep - this is how they make money by providing inaccurate information then racking up all sorts of fees. I had the same experience and lost a lot of money just trying to close out my account.