I brought in my grandmother's wedding ring (it's over 90 years old, she passed away, so this is all I have left from her) on July 18 to the store in the Rockingham Mall in Salem, NH.The ring needed a stone replaced and prongs redone.
The ring was due back on August 5. It didn't come in on August 5 and nobody could bother to call me and tell me. I went in on August 12 and was told the ring repair was not done to the store manager's satisfaction so she took it upon herself to send it back without ever contacting me or letting me know there were issues. I was told by a different sales clerk that the store had actually LOST my ring.
The store manager was going to call the repair shop to see when it would be back and would call me back later that day. She never called me back. I went back to the store on the 15th late in the day and she was waving my ring around in a bag yelling into the mall to me "Look what I have", like it was a prize and she was so proud of herself. She never apologized for not calling me back stating "You got your ring so what's your problem." I refused to sign the pick up slip saying the ring was repaired properly.
When I got home, the ring was much worse than I dropped it off. Mind you, this was my grandmother's wedding band and very sentimental to me. I called the District Manager right away to tell her of the issues. After over a week, I filed a complaint with the BBB.
Signet Jewelers, who owns Beldens, stated they had no idea there were repair issues with my ring and they were giving me a $100 in store credit as an apology. I also was instructed that I must bring the ring back and have them send it out again to repair the ring a third time. Of course, I refused both. I took my ring to three separate jewelers who all stated in writing that the ring did not have any prongs, the diamond was put in sideways and then covered with gold they chipped off the setting, and the other stones were lose.
I was charged $644 for this *** job. One jeweler was nice enough to give me a picture of the damage and *** repair job. I was then informed with three different quotes, that to fix my ring by replacing the diamond chip and adding prongs should have cost me between $60 - $90. Repair prices were overinflated, the repairs weren't done at all, the prongs weren't done and the chip was put in wrong.
I have to meet with the District Manager so she can see whether I am entitled to any kind of refund.I've filed a formal complaint with the Attorney General's Office and The Consumer Protection and Antitrust Bureau in the State of NH.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Style and Design|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Rude manager
- Bad customer service
- Charge for repairs not perfomed
- Piece not back in time promised
- Repair job poorly done
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I sold an authentic Chanel bag on tradesy. It was authenticated by my poupette. I am a reputable seller on ebay. The buyer returned it accusing it being fake. Tradesy..."
- "My boyfriend ordered 2 about 3 weeks ago. He sued western union for the payment . I later saw all the awful reviews and told him what I..."
- "Married in Oct and by Nov my ring is all dented/scared up it's tungsten with sterling silver and diamonds a ring that well not hold up ..."
- "I ordered a "Deluxe" funeral spray, shown. Their website said the Deluxe was what was pictured. I paid $107. I accidentally put "Jr." after my brother's name (my Dad was..."
- "The alt-katolische Spitalkirche is one of the oldest Christian churches in Baden-Baden. It was first mentioned on the Spital legal instruments on March 1351. It was not far from the..."
- "I purchased a small canvas emergency pouch last November it was intended to hold personal items, medication, a torch and batteries things for an emergency. When it did not appear..."
- "I came across his resume online:http://www.indeed.com/r/bc990602143907d2Every word of it is nothing but lies. I have checked out his references and was told that every time he was at work he..."
- "Ordered goods and tracked my package through the UPS website. The package was transported by ground very quickly (OH to NH in a day), but then just stopped. My package..."
- "Today, 04/20/15, I brought our 3 year old yellow lab into the Manchester NH petsmart store #1869 in for a routine full service bath and groom. A groomer took her..."