I brought in my grandmother's wedding ring (it's over 90 years old, she passed away, so this is all I have left from her) on July 18 to the store in the Rockingham Mall in Salem, NH.The ring needed a stone replaced and prongs redone.
The ring was due back on August 5. It didn't come in on August 5 and nobody could bother to call me and tell me. I went in on August 12 and was told the ring repair was not done to the store manager's satisfaction so she took it upon herself to send it back without ever contacting me or letting me know there were issues. I was told by a different sales clerk that the store had actually LOST my ring.
The store manager was going to call the repair shop to see when it would be back and would call me back later that day. She never called me back. I went back to the store on the 15th late in the day and she was waving my ring around in a bag yelling into the mall to me "Look what I have", like it was a prize and she was so proud of herself. She never apologized for not calling me back stating "You got your ring so what's your problem." I refused to sign the pick up slip saying the ring was repaired properly.
When I got home, the ring was much worse than I dropped it off. Mind you, this was my grandmother's wedding band and very sentimental to me. I called the District Manager right away to tell her of the issues. After over a week, I filed a complaint with the BBB.
Signet Jewelers, who owns Beldens, stated they had no idea there were repair issues with my ring and they were giving me a $100 in store credit as an apology. I also was instructed that I must bring the ring back and have them send it out again to repair the ring a third time. Of course, I refused both. I took my ring to three separate jewelers who all stated in writing that the ring did not have any prongs, the diamond was put in sideways and then covered with gold they chipped off the setting, and the other stones were lose.
I was charged $644 for this *** job. One jeweler was nice enough to give me a picture of the damage and *** repair job. I was then informed with three different quotes, that to fix my ring by replacing the diamond chip and adding prongs should have cost me between $60 - $90. Repair prices were overinflated, the repairs weren't done at all, the prongs weren't done and the chip was put in wrong.
I have to meet with the District Manager so she can see whether I am entitled to any kind of refund.I've filed a formal complaint with the Attorney General's Office and The Consumer Protection and Antitrust Bureau in the State of NH.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Rude manager
- Bad customer service
- Charge for repairs not perfomed
- Piece not back in time promised
- Repair job poorly done
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- " A month ago we ordered a ring with an .80 center stone, J color and VS2 clarity. We received a .73 center stone totally yellow color we got an..."
- "I was so happy when I got my origami owl braclet. I wore for approximately 3 weeks before the glass shattered while my 3 yr old was standing right below..."
- "Wow! I wish I read this before wishing for an LV bag. My husband surprised me with this bag for christmas. I used it for less than hour but decided..."
- "I have purchased Lazy Boy furniture my entire life, About 15 months ago I replaced all my living room furniture an at a significant price. The quality of this furniture..."
- "why my order to late to arrive ? it should arrive at my home at 12 January , i already call Lazada and Lazada already promise that my order will..."
- "I purchased a Samsung refrigerator on 11/28 as a Cyber Monday deal. The refrigerator showed as available and ready to ship. I applied for their credit card so I can..."
- "I love Friendly's Sundae Extreme Chocolate Fudge Brownie! I buy it in the half-gallon size all the time. Only this time, there were NO BROWNIES! I was so disappointed. I..."
- "My family and I stayed from October 1, 2015 to October 3, 2015. My husband and I stayed in one room while the kids stayed in another. The first night..."
- "All Arlo-NetGear cameras have an issue with the amount of milliamps "NEEDED" to keep them operating for the amount of time the company specifies them to. The cameras will..."