Ocean Shores, Washington

Update by user Nov 02, 2012

Epilogue: It took four months, literally dozens of telephone calls and emails, dealing with 17 different (evasive by training)people, protests, appeals, writing multiple complaint letters, and endless patience, but the headphones have finally been replaced. Considering buying Beats by Dre headphones? You\'re better off going to Las Vegas- it\'s a gamble either way.

Original review posted by user Oct 02, 2012

We bought beats headphones for our disabled teen son, who enjoyed them while they lasted. Beats headphones cost $300, & in our case they lasted 6 months until the thin cheap plastic topmost piece snapped. We called Beats Support & were told to send them in for a promised replacement pair. We spent $35 in shipping fees & they were returned with Beats stating they'd been subjected to unreasonable wear. We protested, and Beats changed their mind, telling us to send them back for new replacements. They were returned again with Beats citing the same reason. Again we protested, again we were instructed to return them, and again they were returned to us as is.

Three months have passed since our first contact with Beats. With no fewer two dozen phone calls and endless "hold" times, we've spoken with 14 "support" people, traded a dozen emails, explained the situation to them ad nauseum, and even written company president Luke Wood- absolute silence has consistently been their response. To add insult to injury, after we volunteered to pay for the repair, Beats says they do not have a repair facility, but hope to have one up & running "in a few months". We've even gone so far as to write Dr Dre himself on Facebook and Twitter- not surprisingly without any response.

If you want to pay top dollar for an inferior product, have it break because of poor design & cheap materials, and experience complete and total frustration, runaround, excuses and total incompetence, then by all means buy Beats by Dr Dre headphones. Otherwise you'd be better off taking a very close look at the competition. Beats Electronics, and especially Beats headphones have absolutely zero "support". This has got to be far & away the absolute worst business model, bar none, ever.

Review about: Beats Headphones.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $370
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Beats Electronics?

Comments

Bobo

They cost $5 to manufacture so that's why they break VERY easily!