Beats Electronics - Beats by Dr Dre headphones, WORST EVER
Update added by user Nov 02, 2012
Epilogue: It took four months, literally dozens of telephone calls and emails, dealing with 17 different (evasive by training)people, protests, appeals, writing multiple complaint letters, and endless patience, but the headphones have finally been replaced. Considering buying Beats by Dre headphones? You\'re better off going to Las Vegas- it\'s a gamble either way.
Original review posted by user Oct 02, 2012
We bought beats headphones for our disabled teen son, who enjoyed them while they lasted. Beats headphones cost $300, & in our case they lasted 6 months until the thin cheap plastic topmost piece snapped. We called Beats Support & were told to send them in for a promised replacement pair. We spent $35 in shipping fees & they were returned with Beats stating they'd been subjected to unreasonable wear. We protested, and Beats changed their mind, telling us to send them back for new replacements. They were returned again with Beats citing the same reason. Again we protested, again we were instructed to return them, and again they were returned to us as is.
Three months have passed since our first contact with Beats. With no fewer two dozen phone calls and endless "hold" times, we've spoken with 14 "support" people, traded a dozen emails, explained the situation to them ad nauseum, and even written company president Luke Wood- absolute silence has consistently been their response. To add insult to injury, after we volunteered to pay for the repair, Beats says they do not have a repair facility, but hope to have one up & running "in a few months". We've even gone so far as to write Dr Dre himself on Facebook and Twitter- not surprisingly without any response.
If you want to pay top dollar for an inferior product, have it break because of poor design & cheap materials, and experience complete and total frustration, runaround, excuses and total incompetence, then by all means buy Beats by Dr Dre headphones. Otherwise you'd be better off taking a very close look at the competition. Beats Electronics, and especially Beats headphones have absolutely zero "support". This has got to be far & away the absolute worst business model, bar none, ever.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Beats Headphones
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "My husband and I had been researching fridges for the past several months, and last week came across an 'open box' Samsung at Best Buy that was within range of..."
- "The first new wave oven I had worked great for over four years. Bought the two deal special late 2013. Gave one to my mom for Christmas. Kept the other..."
- "Please read reviews prior to ordering from this company, I wish I had. Ordered a 48” Broan Range Hood $1,100.00. Arrived in box that look undamaged (same as..."
- "HOME STYLE FURNITURE July 2014 I purchased a 1500.00 game table with four chairs for our summer home. The first time my husband sat in one of the chairs the..."
- "Walgreens (1/22/16) My issue with Walgreens isn't complicated. On 1/16/16, I got a prescription of Tamsulosin filled at the Enumclaw, WA, Walgreens. I picked up the Tamsulosin at..."
- "I purchased a 2015 Arctic Fox camper new, I complained to the factory early after my purchase about the shower floor not being level with the floor, I was told..."
- "I purchased a North Trail 21FBS in May of 2015 from Camping World of Kissimmee, FL. Right off the batthe 120v. heater didnt work on AC, Shower head was clogged..."
- "We have had several epic fails with otterbox but we got the new samsung galaxy s7 for my husband on black friday. They didnt have any lifeproof cases in so..."
- "This is the worst place to go!!!! Employees are idiots or something!!! After making wait more than 5 minutes to take my order I ask for the mint chocolate swirl..."