Verified Reviewer

I'm a big fan and proponent of entrepreneurs, and embraced the opportunity to work with this Haitian owned business, operated by two brothers both going by the name of Francois. Shortly after purchasing my condo, I inquired of an air conditioning company and the property manager presented me with their card.

My initial experience was pleasant, despite the light flirtatious advances made by the person performing the assessment and providing the quote.

I thought his behavior was odd, though my guards were not up and I even provided him with a key to access condo to complete the project prior to moving in.

After completing the service in a reasonable amount of time (it didn't take long), there was a bit confusion around receiving the warranty information. It sounds like there modus operandi is for the customer to look it up themselves and it is not provided by Beat the Heat.

My challenge with this company is in three areas:

(1) Misogynistic Communication: One Francois is nice, the other spoke to me in a way that left me feeling scared and fearful for my safety, The aggressive one implied that he could enter my home without my permission (I could only infer that he felt this was possible based on his relationship with the manager where I live). I wanted him to complete the inspection, though he called me on a Friday at 5PM, for a Monday inspection and I was already in route out of town and told him as much via a voicemail message. Nonetheless, he called again (that's when he was rude) so I but my boyfriend on the phone after feeling bullied.

I would later cease any further phone conversation based on my apprehension and desire to document further correspondence.

2.) Inspection Scheduling: The inspection took a year to be completed.

I attempted to schedule the inspection myself but Beat the Heat was not up to date their General Liability Insurance.

3.) Flammable: When the inspector came they said that there was exposed plastic in areas that were flammable and I had been put at risk.

All in all, I'm disappointed. I don't think it would take much to rectify the challenges I've addressed, my only question is whether they care enough to acknowledge and resolve these issues.

User's recommendation: Avoid.

Preferred solution: Apology.

Beat The Heat Corp Pros: Quick installation.

Beat The Heat Corp Cons: Mistreatment and overall unfavorable experience.

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

Beat The Heat Corp Reviews