Verified Reviewer

Resolved
1.4
Updated by user Sep 30, 2023

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. I ended up having another header fail so I emailed them and had to go through my whole ordeal with the sales manager and he ended up upgrading me to long tube headers and discounted the other parts from $650 down to $500 and included free shipping so in the end I ended up spending close to $1300 total and the parts at full price would have been somewhere in the ballpark of $1600-$1800 minus shipping fees.

Original review posted by user Aug 31, 2023

I have a 2017 ram 1500 and the manifold bolt broke off in the head causing the manifold to leak. So to fix it I had to pull the manifolds and since I went that far why not order some aftermarket headers no big deal they bolt right up like factory.

All went well until one of their welds broke on the bbk headers. Still under warranty I emailed bbk and explained what had happened. After waiting almost a week they finally replied sorry for the issues we will ship out a whole new set no questions asked. After receiving the new second set I installed them.

Instantly after starting the truck I heard a leak checked the bolts and made sure everything was installed correctly. Ended up taking the passenger side off to find that the flange that bolts to the head was warped from them welding it and getting it to hot. Took pictures and emailed them again with the new issues. They replied a couple days later saying yet another set has been shipped out making that the 3rd set of headers that I've gotten so far.

Got those in and after Inspecting them found the flange was warped worse then the second set. Didn't even waste my time putting them on and emailed them again with pictures and after almost 3 weeks they emailed me back stating to take the headers off my truck and ship them back for quality inspection. That would leave me stranded since the other 2 sets were not usable so I told them to do a quality check on a set they have and send them instead.

It's going on 3 or 4 months now and haven't got an answer back and I'm still trying to fix their junk. I've had these headers off 6 times I've tried gaskets different bolts even went as far as sanding the flange straight to only have the leak move to somewhere else on the header

User's recommendation: I paid almost $600 for research headers and after this experience I'm about to go back to factory manifolds don't buy anything from bbk their products and quality are ***.

Preferred solution: The y pipe that goes with their headers hopefully that will fix the issues.

Location: 27440 Bostik Court, Temecula, California 92590, United States

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

BBK Performance Reviews