In South America in the early 80's some horrible murders have been made and committed during a military power gain, already many victims have been made and more grotesque ones to follow. If you see the way how these people have been shot in cold blood whereby people where helpless, if only they could have help from outside. During the military power gain also rape & menslaughter was also top priority.

December Murders refers to the murder on December 8, 1982, of thirteen civilians and two military officials who opposed the military rule in Suriname. They were executed in Fort Zeelandia, Paramaribo. The circumstances have not become completely clear yet; at the time, the Suriname military administration of Dési Bouterse claimed all were shot while trying to flee. Others have spoken of torture, murder and summary execution.

The December Murders led to international protests. The former colonial power, Netherlands,

froze development aid afterwards. No one has stood trial for the murders. Then military leader and later president Bouterse however did later accept political responsibility, but he says he is not the one who 'pulled the trigger'. The suspects, The Dutch parlement where in favour to schrink the suspects into 25 persons local to militair personal. These are the suspects and are still for trial when leaving the country.

Errol Alibux

Badrissein Sital

Jimmy Stolk

Imro Themen

Marcel Zeeuw

Victims of the December murders where mostly all educated and left thinkers, who barely have done harm in the society, the names of these innocent victims where.

John Baboeram, lawyer

Harold Riedewald, lawyer

Jiwansingh Sheombar, military

Jozef Slagveer, journalist

Robby Sohansingh, businessman

Frank Wijngaarde, journalist (with Dutch citizenship)

Still now Desi Bouterse has a close political game and doesn't let all people in the country. Business import & export is limited out of suspicion of being caught by international police or interpol.

Review about: Bbc Dictators.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with BBC News?

Submit review

Comments

Heydrich
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States #937300

I had no idea the BBC supported dictators.