BBC News - Desi Bouterse dictator and murderer of Suriname
In South America in the early 80's some horrible murders have been made and committed during a military power gain, already many victims have been made and more grotesque ones to follow. If you see the way how these people have been shot in cold blood whereby people where helpless, if only they could have help from outside. During the military power gain also rape & menslaughter was also top priority.
December Murders refers to the murder on December 8, 1982, of thirteen civilians and two military officials who opposed the military rule in Suriname. They were executed in Fort Zeelandia, Paramaribo. The circumstances have not become completely clear yet; at the time, the Suriname military administration of DÃ©si Bouterse claimed all were shot while trying to flee. Others have spoken of torture, murder and summary execution.
The December Murders led to international protests. The former colonial power, Netherlands,
froze development aid afterwards. No one has stood trial for the murders. Then military leader and later president Bouterse however did later accept political responsibility, but he says he is not the one who 'pulled the trigger'. The suspects, The Dutch parlement where in favour to schrink the suspects into 25 persons local to militair personal. These are the suspects and are still for trial when leaving the country.
*** de Bie
Victims of the December murders where mostly all educated and left thinkers, who barely have done harm in the society, the names of these innocent victims where.
John Baboeram, lawyer
Bram Behr, journalist
Cyrill Daal, union leader
Kenneth GonÃ§alves, lawyer
Eddy Hoost, lawyer
AndrÃ© Kamperveen, journalist
Gerard Leckie, university faculty
Sugrim Oemrawsingh, university faculty
Lesley Rahman, journalist
Surendre Rambocus, military
Harold Riedewald, lawyer
Jiwansingh Sheombar, military
Jozef Slagveer, journalist
Robby Sohansingh, businessman
Frank Wijngaarde, journalist (with Dutch citizenship)
Still now Desi Bouterse has a close political game and doesn't let all people in the country. Business import & export is limited out of suspicion of being caught by international police or interpol.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Bbc Dictators
- Review category
- Government and Politics
You May Also Like
- "Deplorable actions by Family Court Judge Rena Hughes against a minor child A child’s nightmare; Judge Hughes alienated a daughter from her mother Clark County, Nevada in the 2014 elections former Judge..."
- "My stuff had damaged last night. These are the photos to prove. I need SMC to check who was the destroller...."
- "Please read the attached document. This is pretty scary Discover Card isn't even mentioned in the complaint. Only GE Capital Retail Money Bank and Pay Pal Smart Connect. Why does..."
- "When looking back at countries who where developing. Not all facilities where available. Materials and supplies have been brought to the facility. Not for every country in Africa and Asia..."
- "My Nightmare Experience with the Customer Assistance Department of Ralph Lauren I have been an avid admirer and a regular customer of the brand Ralph Lauren for many years. This year..."
- "Most people think about famous models long and tall completely blond. We all love the long legged women but completely European feels boring, but what about Kate Moss. Most people..."
- "I called them today because my package looks like delivered but I didn't receive it. The woman on the phone was rude and nasty. She told me that people living..."
- "We own a 2013 Honda CR-V it has performed very well until recently. The car was sitting in a parking lot . A crook came along side of the car..."
- "Beware! I would not recommend Gateway Select Properties to anyone! The 'owner' Katherine Work is really a piece of Work! Do NOT, i repeat, DO NOT sign their faulty lease..."