BBC News - Desi Bouterse dictator and murderer of Suriname
In South America in the early 80's some horrible murders have been made and committed during a military power gain, already many victims have been made and more grotesque ones to follow. If you see the way how these people have been shot in cold blood whereby people where helpless, if only they could have help from outside. During the military power gain also rape & menslaughter was also top priority.
December Murders refers to the murder on December 8, 1982, of thirteen civilians and two military officials who opposed the military rule in Suriname. They were executed in Fort Zeelandia, Paramaribo. The circumstances have not become completely clear yet; at the time, the Suriname military administration of DÃ©si Bouterse claimed all were shot while trying to flee. Others have spoken of torture, murder and summary execution.
The December Murders led to international protests. The former colonial power, Netherlands,
froze development aid afterwards. No one has stood trial for the murders. Then military leader and later president Bouterse however did later accept political responsibility, but he says he is not the one who 'pulled the trigger'. The suspects, The Dutch parlement where in favour to schrink the suspects into 25 persons local to militair personal. These are the suspects and are still for trial when leaving the country.
*** de Bie
Victims of the December murders where mostly all educated and left thinkers, who barely have done harm in the society, the names of these innocent victims where.
John Baboeram, lawyer
Bram Behr, journalist
Cyrill Daal, union leader
Kenneth GonÃ§alves, lawyer
Eddy Hoost, lawyer
AndrÃ© Kamperveen, journalist
Gerard Leckie, university faculty
Sugrim Oemrawsingh, university faculty
Lesley Rahman, journalist
Surendre Rambocus, military
Harold Riedewald, lawyer
Jiwansingh Sheombar, military
Jozef Slagveer, journalist
Robby Sohansingh, businessman
Frank Wijngaarde, journalist (with Dutch citizenship)
Still now Desi Bouterse has a close political game and doesn't let all people in the country. Business import & export is limited out of suspicion of being caught by international police or interpol.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Bbc Dictators
- Review category
- Government and Politics
You May Also Like
- "I am a Vietan Vet. This was a totally senseless war against a country that was zero threat to the US. The US used tactics far worse than Syria..."
- "—40— O’Shaughnessy’s • Winter/Spring 2013 It’s been tough at times, juggling medicine and motherhood. I never wanted children until I hit 30. Then I wanted four of them. I had four kids in seven..."
- "Ever since I applied online for healt insurance via the healthcare.gov website, my family has received unsolicited phone calls and mailings. I thought this site was protected and our..."
- "MEMPHIS TN SHELBY COUNTY...............Extended Arms Cleaning Contractor's ....Nancy Taylor it's a crime to online harass make FALSE claims call or in anyway directly or in directly try to contact myself..."
- "Hidious! I placed an order for my item to arrive before Christmas. Paid for priorty shipping. Was unaware this company is based in China. My order just arrived one week..."
- "You know, there are good website hosting companies out there, there are average, there are bad... and then there are outright thieves. I am not talking about the: "Oh, they..."
- "Most people think about famous models long and tall completely blond. We all love the long legged women but completely European feels boring, but what about Kate Moss. Most people..."
- "I live in Europe, in the Netherlands. Unfortunately, I did not read all the negative reviews about Fragrancenet before ordering something from then. Ok, I ordered a perfume, I payd..."
- "My apologies for my bad spelling form the previous one. Well I believe certain products are coming from Western countries: tv content, shows, Hollywood movies that shows sensitive information that..."