Bayshore Automotive didn't deliver what they advertised.
Update added by user Feb 25, 2013
I mean Tampa......for some reason it says Little River, South Carolina in the location information.
Update added by user Feb 25, 2013
The location listed isn't correct. The dealership I bought from is in Ft. Lauderdale Fl.
Original review posted by user Mar 20, 2011
I recently purchased a used 2003 Hummer H2 from Bayshore Automotive in Tampa Fl. They advertised the vehicle as being in excellent condition. They itemized everything in the ad and listed it as being excellent. You will find part of their ad pasted below.
Detailed Ext and Int
No Known Accidents
No Known Body Work
No Visible Dents
No Visible Rust
No Visible Scratches
Floor mats Excellent
When I received the vehicle it wouldn't even crank. I had to jump it off to get it off the delivery truck. The interior was in terrible condition. There were holes in the leather seats, the carpet was torn and stained, there was cat hair throughout the vehicle, the passenger side mirror was falling off, the instrument panel lens was busted, most of the interior lights don't work, the three tail lights on the roof of the vehicle were busted and didn't work, there are scratches and dents in the paint and exterior, the back up lights don't work, the weather strips on all the doors are torn, the engine and transmission both have oil leaks....etc. I have tried unsuccessfully to get the dealer to take the vehicle back based on false advertisement but they refuse. They they said they didn't want to pay the $800 to cover the cost of shipping but they are willing to pay $700 towards repairs. The repairs cost over $4000 to get the vehicle in the condition they advertised it to be in. Their excuse is that I should have flown down to view the vehicle before purchasing it. I felt that based on their advertisement and the photos they posted with the vehicle that it wasn't necessary to do that........I trusted them!!! No matter if I flew down to look at the vehicle or not they are not excused for false advertising the vehicle by listing it as being in EXCELLENT CONDITION. Don't make the mistake I made..........DON'T BUY FROM BAYSHORE AUTOMOTIVE!!
You can see their ad on ebay by using the following item number 230577796361
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Hummer H2
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I recently purchased a used 2009 Nissan 370z from Melloy Nissan dealership thinking I was getting the best deal on the planet when in reality it wasn't so. My problems..."
- "Wade, Brad and Joyce at the Atlanta Auction admitted the yard messed up my bumper with the fork lift on my lot won,2013 Dodge Avenger. They are a group of..."
- "On April 1, 2016 my husband and I took delivery of a very gently used, near perfect condition 2015 38CK Cedar Creek fifth wheel RV. Cedar Creek is owned..."
- "Service guy came spent 5 minutes or less. He did not leave a list of things he checked or serviced, nothing to sign or review, just said goodbye and walked..."
- "I bought Rosetta Stone's Spanish download for Mac for 250 bucks. It crashed constantly, was hard to use, and they're constantly trying to get you to "upgrade" to more expensive..."
- "I am having the same experience with Gold Crown Resort. When we purchased our membership we were told the annual renewal fee was waived for life. Now, all of a..."
- "Stay away! They guaranteed us a full deep cleaning. One of the owners came to our house for an inspection and we were very specific about what we wanted. We..."
- "Since obtaining business service internet over the past 45 days, our connection drops daily and several times during the day. I have called customer support twice to no avail. The..."