Update by user Feb 25, 2013

I mean Tampa......for some reason it says Little River, South Carolina in the location information.

Update by user Feb 25, 2013

The location listed isn't correct. The dealership I bought from is in Ft. Lauderdale Fl.

Original review posted by user Mar 20, 2011

I recently purchased a used 2003 Hummer H2 from Bayshore Automotive in Tampa Fl. They advertised the vehicle as being in excellent condition. They itemized everything in the ad and listed it as being excellent. You will find part of their ad pasted below.

Excellent exterior

Interior: Excellent

Seats: Excellent

Carpet: Excellent

Floor mats Excellent

When I received the vehicle it wouldn't even crank. I had to jump it off to get it off the delivery truck. The interior was in terrible condition. There were holes in the leather seats, the carpet was torn and stained, there was cat hair throughout the vehicle, the passenger side mirror was falling off, the instrument panel lens was busted, most of the interior lights don't work, the three tail lights on the roof of the vehicle were busted and didn't work, there are scratches and dents in the paint and exterior, the back up lights don't work, the weather strips on all the doors are torn, the engine and transmission both have oil leaks....etc. I have tried unsuccessfully to get the dealer to take the vehicle back based on false advertisement but they refuse. They they said they didn't want to pay the $800 to cover the cost of shipping but they are willing to pay $700 towards repairs. The repairs cost over $4000 to get the vehicle in the condition they advertised it to be in. Their excuse is that I should have flown down to view the vehicle before purchasing it. I felt that based on their advertisement and the photos they posted with the vehicle that it wasn't necessary to do that........I trusted them!!! No matter if I flew down to look at the vehicle or not they are not excused for false advertising the vehicle by listing it as being in EXCELLENT CONDITION. Don't make the mistake I made..........DON'T BUY FROM BAYSHORE AUTOMOTIVE!!

You can see their ad on ebay by using the following item number 230577796361

Review about: Hummer H2.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Bayshore Automotive?

Submit review

Comments

scotter
Sylvan Lake, Alberta, Canada #802640

thanks it is along way to Canada

Jawnie
#719484

I was about to ride down there to Fla and pick up a car.Whew.

I'd hate to be scammed.

These days with the economy the way it is, I find it important people be careful when duping folks.It's a serious time now economically :grin

I thought the HUGE guys were bad, simply the WORST car buying experience in my life. Lucky for me I walked away and got a much better deal at a reputable dealership that treated me like a real person and not a check...

nichols1791

Darren is a Liar, he didn't do anything to resolve the issue except to say I should have flown to Tampa to view the vehicle before making the purchase.I am not the only unsatisfied customer they have.

I was actually able to post my phone number on ebay for a couple of days so customers could call me but Darren whinned like a *** and had them take it off. Ebay said I couldn't file a complaint with them because I didn't purchase the vehicle on Ebay........I made the deposit on Ebay and their purchase protection doesn't cover things like that.

Darren also whinned like a *** when I posted the truth on other forums.Call me if you need more details on Darren........205-242-1972.

Fancy

I've actually looked at their vehicles for sale on eBay, so I'm glad you posted this. I noticed that after customers posted negative reviews about them the owner would respond by actually blaming the buyer each time. Very unprofessional!

DARREN, OWNER OF BAYSHORE AUTO
to Fancy Brandon, Florida, United States #614185

WITH OVER 1,000 TRANSACTIONS ON EBAY AND A 99.5% POSITIVE FEEDBACK RATING, I THINK WE DO A PRETTY GOOD JOB. EVERY NOW AND THEN, WE MAKE A MISTAKE OR SELL TO SOMEONE WE CANT PLEASE, NO MATTER HOW HARD WE TRY...I ALWAYS DO THE RIGHT THING AND THATS WHY WE ARE STILL MAKING LIFE LONG CUSTOMERS SINCE 2000.

pissed consumer
to DARREN, OWNER OF BAYSHORE AUTO Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States #707121

That's BS Darren......you are a complete liar.You are a scammer.

You are a typical used care salesman.

You even calim to make every customer happy....within 24hrs you were contacted and told that this vehicle was a piece of *** and that a refund was requested....you completely refused and only offered abut $400 to make things right.It is a good thing I don't live closer or else I would pay you a visit in person to work things out like a real man....you obviously are one or you would have stuck by wht you advertise.

tangow616
to DARREN, OWNER OF BAYSHORE AUTO #1026548

You just admitted publicly that you messed up, do the right thing and give this guy what he wants.I will never buy a car from you.

I've looked at your company too.You'll be out of business, where you belong, shortly!!