Merritt Island, Florida

In May of 2015 I hired a contractor to replace my roof which had wind damage.I submitted a claim to my ins.

co. who agreed to cover the damages & pay the contractor. The claim was for approx. $4000.

to replace one side of the roof. Well, the contractor, Kevin Barfiled, was incompetent & I have water damage inside my house from the roof leaking. He was here once in an attempt to fix the leaks. A few months ago, after calling him & complaining he told me that he was here & sealed my skylights while I was at work.

I have since found out that he lied to me & was never here. I called him yesterday & he has not returned my call. I called another contractor who was highly recommended to me & after inspecting the roof he has suggested a whole new roof as it will be difficult to find & fix all the previous contractor's mistakes, & he will not warranty any repairs. I called my insurance co.

who have opened another claim. What is my recourse? Will the insurance co. go after this guy to recover considering that they paid the claim?

I have not talked to an adjuster yet.Thanx.

Review about: Barfield Roofing Replacement.

I didn't like: Guarantee.

1.7
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Barfield Roofing?

Comments

Southwest Brevard Cnty, Florida, United States #1203639

Barfield is extremely incompetent

KB
to Anonymous Rockledge, Florida, United States #1328707

Sorry for your experience but if I'm not mistaken this has since been resolved I would appreciate updating this post.If it has not been resolved please give me the opportunity to make it right.

I will ALWAYS make it right including repairing any damage inside.

321-454-4531 please let us know what we can do to make this right for you!God Bless